Mar 11, 2013, 10:40 PM EDT
It looks like San Jose Sharks defenseman Brent Burns could return from a leg injury in the near future.
In fact, head coach Todd McLellan didn’t rule him out for Tuesday’s match against the Blues in St. Louis, CSNBayArea.com reports.
“I would say he’s definitely trending towards playing here in the near future,” McLellan said.
When pressed about tomorrow’s game, McLellan simply said “near future is including tomorrow; we’ll see.”
It’s been an injury-plagued season for the 28-year-old blueliner.
Burns hasn’t played since Feb. 23 and missed 10 games earlier in 2013 with a different lower-body injury. Things haven’t gone so great even when he’s been in the lineup, as the offensively gifted player hasn’t scored a goal or an assist in six contests.
Really, at this point, the peak of his season is probably the mug shot he took (which you can see once again in this post’s main image) before his campaign even kicked off.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 23
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)