Mar 11, 2013, 10:40 PM EDT
It looks like San Jose Sharks defenseman Brent Burns could return from a leg injury in the near future.
In fact, head coach Todd McLellan didn’t rule him out for Tuesday’s match against the Blues in St. Louis, CSNBayArea.com reports.
“I would say he’s definitely trending towards playing here in the near future,” McLellan said.
When pressed about tomorrow’s game, McLellan simply said “near future is including tomorrow; we’ll see.”
It’s been an injury-plagued season for the 28-year-old blueliner.
Burns hasn’t played since Feb. 23 and missed 10 games earlier in 2013 with a different lower-body injury. Things haven’t gone so great even when he’s been in the lineup, as the offensively gifted player hasn’t scored a goal or an assist in six contests.
Really, at this point, the peak of his season is probably the mug shot he took (which you can see once again in this post’s main image) before his campaign even kicked off.
- All eyes on Lundqvist 8
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 9
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 27
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)