Mar 11, 2013, 10:40 PM EST
It looks like San Jose Sharks defenseman Brent Burns could return from a leg injury in the near future.
In fact, head coach Todd McLellan didn’t rule him out for Tuesday’s match against the Blues in St. Louis, CSNBayArea.com reports.
“I would say he’s definitely trending towards playing here in the near future,” McLellan said.
When pressed about tomorrow’s game, McLellan simply said “near future is including tomorrow; we’ll see.”
It’s been an injury-plagued season for the 28-year-old blueliner.
Burns hasn’t played since Feb. 23 and missed 10 games earlier in 2013 with a different lower-body injury. Things haven’t gone so great even when he’s been in the lineup, as the offensively gifted player hasn’t scored a goal or an assist in six contests.
Really, at this point, the peak of his season is probably the mug shot he took (which you can see once again in this post’s main image) before his campaign even kicked off.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 2
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 5
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 2
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8