Mar 11, 2013, 10:40 PM EDT
It looks like San Jose Sharks defenseman Brent Burns could return from a leg injury in the near future.
In fact, head coach Todd McLellan didn’t rule him out for Tuesday’s match against the Blues in St. Louis, CSNBayArea.com reports.
“I would say he’s definitely trending towards playing here in the near future,” McLellan said.
When pressed about tomorrow’s game, McLellan simply said “near future is including tomorrow; we’ll see.”
It’s been an injury-plagued season for the 28-year-old blueliner.
Burns hasn’t played since Feb. 23 and missed 10 games earlier in 2013 with a different lower-body injury. Things haven’t gone so great even when he’s been in the lineup, as the offensively gifted player hasn’t scored a goal or an assist in six contests.
Really, at this point, the peak of his season is probably the mug shot he took (which you can see once again in this post’s main image) before his campaign even kicked off.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 94
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5