Mar 11, 2013, 10:40 PM EST
It looks like San Jose Sharks defenseman Brent Burns could return from a leg injury in the near future.
In fact, head coach Todd McLellan didn’t rule him out for Tuesday’s match against the Blues in St. Louis, CSNBayArea.com reports.
“I would say he’s definitely trending towards playing here in the near future,” McLellan said.
When pressed about tomorrow’s game, McLellan simply said “near future is including tomorrow; we’ll see.”
It’s been an injury-plagued season for the 28-year-old blueliner.
Burns hasn’t played since Feb. 23 and missed 10 games earlier in 2013 with a different lower-body injury. Things haven’t gone so great even when he’s been in the lineup, as the offensively gifted player hasn’t scored a goal or an assist in six contests.
Really, at this point, the peak of his season is probably the mug shot he took (which you can see once again in this post’s main image) before his campaign even kicked off.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 34
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 49
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 17
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 33
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 11
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 49
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 50
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 67
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (168)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)