Mar 11, 2013, 4:34 PM EST
Tyler Seguin is making up for lost time. After a slowish start to the shortened season, the 21-year-old Bruins forward has 13 points in his last 11 games, including the winning goal in Saturday’s 3-0 victory over the Flyers.
And it’s not just at the offensive end where he’s excelling.
“Tyler Seguin is really turning a corner right now,” said head coach Claude Julien, per CSNNE.com. “He’s starting to be the player everybody expected him to be at the start of the season. He had a slow start to the season, but he’s really picked it up.
“He’s battling a lot better along the boards and he’s doing a great job with the back-check. In the last two weeks he’s saved two goals just by himself. It’s a credit to him and it’s a credit to the entire line the way they’ve bought in together playing the same way.”
About that line — Seguin has been skating on the right wing with Patrice Bergeron in the middle and Brad Marchand on the left side. On Thursday, the trio combined for eight points in a 4-2 victory over the Leafs.
Boston takes on the Senators tonight in Ottawa and is in Pittsburgh to face the Penguins tomorrow.
The Bruins will play 17 times in March and don’t have back-t0-back days off until March 28 and 29.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 155
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 121
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (155)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (121)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)