Mar 11, 2013, 4:34 PM EDT
Tyler Seguin is making up for lost time. After a slowish start to the shortened season, the 21-year-old Bruins forward has 13 points in his last 11 games, including the winning goal in Saturday’s 3-0 victory over the Flyers.
And it’s not just at the offensive end where he’s excelling.
“Tyler Seguin is really turning a corner right now,” said head coach Claude Julien, per CSNNE.com. “He’s starting to be the player everybody expected him to be at the start of the season. He had a slow start to the season, but he’s really picked it up.
“He’s battling a lot better along the boards and he’s doing a great job with the back-check. In the last two weeks he’s saved two goals just by himself. It’s a credit to him and it’s a credit to the entire line the way they’ve bought in together playing the same way.”
About that line — Seguin has been skating on the right wing with Patrice Bergeron in the middle and Brad Marchand on the left side. On Thursday, the trio combined for eight points in a 4-2 victory over the Leafs.
Boston takes on the Senators tonight in Ottawa and is in Pittsburgh to face the Penguins tomorrow.
The Bruins will play 17 times in March and don’t have back-t0-back days off until March 28 and 29.
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 2
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 24
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 14
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 7
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 27
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)