Mar 11, 2013, 4:34 PM EDT
Tyler Seguin is making up for lost time. After a slowish start to the shortened season, the 21-year-old Bruins forward has 13 points in his last 11 games, including the winning goal in Saturday’s 3-0 victory over the Flyers.
And it’s not just at the offensive end where he’s excelling.
“Tyler Seguin is really turning a corner right now,” said head coach Claude Julien, per CSNNE.com. “He’s starting to be the player everybody expected him to be at the start of the season. He had a slow start to the season, but he’s really picked it up.
“He’s battling a lot better along the boards and he’s doing a great job with the back-check. In the last two weeks he’s saved two goals just by himself. It’s a credit to him and it’s a credit to the entire line the way they’ve bought in together playing the same way.”
About that line — Seguin has been skating on the right wing with Patrice Bergeron in the middle and Brad Marchand on the left side. On Thursday, the trio combined for eight points in a 4-2 victory over the Leafs.
Boston takes on the Senators tonight in Ottawa and is in Pittsburgh to face the Penguins tomorrow.
The Bruins will play 17 times in March and don’t have back-t0-back days off until March 28 and 29.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 3
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 16
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 18
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 16
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 50
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 57
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)