Mar 11, 2013, 4:34 PM EDT
Tyler Seguin is making up for lost time. After a slowish start to the shortened season, the 21-year-old Bruins forward has 13 points in his last 11 games, including the winning goal in Saturday’s 3-0 victory over the Flyers.
And it’s not just at the offensive end where he’s excelling.
“Tyler Seguin is really turning a corner right now,” said head coach Claude Julien, per CSNNE.com. “He’s starting to be the player everybody expected him to be at the start of the season. He had a slow start to the season, but he’s really picked it up.
“He’s battling a lot better along the boards and he’s doing a great job with the back-check. In the last two weeks he’s saved two goals just by himself. It’s a credit to him and it’s a credit to the entire line the way they’ve bought in together playing the same way.”
About that line — Seguin has been skating on the right wing with Patrice Bergeron in the middle and Brad Marchand on the left side. On Thursday, the trio combined for eight points in a 4-2 victory over the Leafs.
Boston takes on the Senators tonight in Ottawa and is in Pittsburgh to face the Penguins tomorrow.
The Bruins will play 17 times in March and don’t have back-t0-back days off until March 28 and 29.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)