Mar 11, 2013, 4:34 PM EDT
Tyler Seguin is making up for lost time. After a slowish start to the shortened season, the 21-year-old Bruins forward has 13 points in his last 11 games, including the winning goal in Saturday’s 3-0 victory over the Flyers.
And it’s not just at the offensive end where he’s excelling.
“Tyler Seguin is really turning a corner right now,” said head coach Claude Julien, per CSNNE.com. “He’s starting to be the player everybody expected him to be at the start of the season. He had a slow start to the season, but he’s really picked it up.
“He’s battling a lot better along the boards and he’s doing a great job with the back-check. In the last two weeks he’s saved two goals just by himself. It’s a credit to him and it’s a credit to the entire line the way they’ve bought in together playing the same way.”
About that line — Seguin has been skating on the right wing with Patrice Bergeron in the middle and Brad Marchand on the left side. On Thursday, the trio combined for eight points in a 4-2 victory over the Leafs.
Boston takes on the Senators tonight in Ottawa and is in Pittsburgh to face the Penguins tomorrow.
The Bruins will play 17 times in March and don’t have back-t0-back days off until March 28 and 29.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 9
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 19
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 24
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 40
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 64
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (150)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (102)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)