Mar 11, 2013, 1:24 PM EDT
Hornqvist, 26, has battled through an injury-plagued season — having already missed nine games with a knee injury — yet still managed to score 3G-5A-8PTS in 14 games before suffering what appeared to be an upper-body injury during Friday’s 6-0 shellacking of Edmonton:
Losing Hornqvist was bad for the Preds, but the loss of Wilson on Saturday — he suffered an upper-body injury against Minnesota — is worse.
The 23-year-old is enjoying a breakout campaign in Nashville, leading the team in scoring (7G-12A-19PTS) while averaging 16:34 in ice time per game.
The former Boston University standout scored 2G-2A-4PTS in the aforementioned rout of Edmonton, the first four-point outing of his NHL career.
Nashville currently ranks dead last in the league in goals per game (2.08).
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)