Mar 11, 2013, 7:32 PM EDT
San Antonio Rampage player and Florida Panthers prospect Scott Timmins has been accused of breaking into a San Antonio home after a night at the bar, KENS 5 reports.
Homeowner Benjamin Garza’s wife reportedly found Timmins, 23, on the family’s couch. The police report indicates that Timmins believed he was in his own home when Garza’s wife approached him. (Benjamin Garza wasn’t home at the time of the incident.)
“He was yelling, ‘What are you doing in my house,'” Garza said. “My wife said, ‘You need to get the [expletive] out of here.”
Garza said that his wife and children were able to leave through a backdoor. He indicates that the situation could have been profoundly different if he was the one who found Timmins instead.
Here’s how the rest of the situation reportedly played out:
She called 911 and her husband. When Garza finally faced the man who scared the daylights out of his children he said, “You’re lucky I wasn’t here because I would’ve put a bullet between your eyes and it would’ve been over for you.”
The police report said the suspect was so heavily intoxicated that he was unable to hold his balance and didn’t remember how he had entered Garza’s home. Police said he also stated that he didn’t mean any harm to the those in Garza’s home. He did seem to recall that he had been out drinking at the Hangar with friends from the hockey team.
Garza said that “his first instinct was to beat the [expletive] out of” Timmins and that he should pay for “traumatizing” his family.
The Rampage and Panthers have declined a comment as of this writing.
Timmins was drafted in the sixth round (165th overall) in 2009 by the Panthers. He’s played in one game for Florida in 2013 and 19 more in 2010-11.
Here’s the video version of KENS 5’s report:
(H/T to Frank Rekas.)
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25