Mar 11, 2013, 7:32 PM EST
San Antonio Rampage player and Florida Panthers prospect Scott Timmins has been accused of breaking into a San Antonio home after a night at the bar, KENS 5 reports.
Homeowner Benjamin Garza’s wife reportedly found Timmins, 23, on the family’s couch. The police report indicates that Timmins believed he was in his own home when Garza’s wife approached him. (Benjamin Garza wasn’t home at the time of the incident.)
“He was yelling, ‘What are you doing in my house,’” Garza said. “My wife said, ‘You need to get the [expletive] out of here.”
Garza said that his wife and children were able to leave through a backdoor. He indicates that the situation could have been profoundly different if he was the one who found Timmins instead.
Here’s how the rest of the situation reportedly played out:
She called 911 and her husband. When Garza finally faced the man who scared the daylights out of his children he said, “You’re lucky I wasn’t here because I would’ve put a bullet between your eyes and it would’ve been over for you.”
The police report said the suspect was so heavily intoxicated that he was unable to hold his balance and didn’t remember how he had entered Garza’s home. Police said he also stated that he didn’t mean any harm to the those in Garza’s home. He did seem to recall that he had been out drinking at the Hangar with friends from the hockey team.
Garza said that “his first instinct was to beat the [expletive] out of” Timmins and that he should pay for “traumatizing” his family.
The Rampage and Panthers have declined a comment as of this writing.
Timmins was drafted in the sixth round (165th overall) in 2009 by the Panthers. He’s played in one game for Florida in 2013 and 19 more in 2010-11.
Here’s the video version of KENS 5′s report:
(H/T to Frank Rekas.)
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 42
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)