Mar 11, 2013, 2:11 PM EDT
Hanzal nailed Benn in the waning moments of the game, but wasn’t penalized:
Benn, meanwhile, left the game and didn’t return. He’s currently listed as questionable for Tuesday’s game against Nashville with a wrist injury, though Benn said the injury occurred prior to getting hit.
Regardless, Stars head coach Glen Gulutzan expressed his displeasure with Hanzal’s check.
“I thought it was late,” he told Dallas Stars’ Inside Edge. “But that’s not for me to decide.”
Of note, Hanzal would be classified as a repeat offender under the NHL’s disciplinary guidelines. During last year’s playoffs, he was suspended one game for boarding Los Angeles Kings captain Dustin Brown during the Western Conference finals.
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 9
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 10
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 9
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)