Mar 11, 2013, 2:11 PM EST
Hanzal nailed Benn in the waning moments of the game, but wasn’t penalized:
Benn, meanwhile, left the game and didn’t return. He’s currently listed as questionable for Tuesday’s game against Nashville with a wrist injury, though Benn said the injury occurred prior to getting hit.
Regardless, Stars head coach Glen Gulutzan expressed his displeasure with Hanzal’s check.
“I thought it was late,” he told Dallas Stars’ Inside Edge. “But that’s not for me to decide.”
Of note, Hanzal would be classified as a repeat offender under the NHL’s disciplinary guidelines. During last year’s playoffs, he was suspended one game for boarding Los Angeles Kings captain Dustin Brown during the Western Conference finals.
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 0
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 3
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 18
- Video: ‘The message is not being heard’ when it comes to illegal hits, suspensions 37
- Video: Kunitz collides with Rangers’ goalie Lundqvist in overtime (Updated) 49
- Discuss: Penguins outlast Rangers in the shootout on NBCSN Rivalry Night 43
- Video: Jagr passes Yzerman for eighth on NHL goals list 12
- Wild put Harding on IR to undergo change in MS treatment 15
- Nonis: I’m not firing Carlyle 15
- Steen agrees to extension with Blues — three years, $17.4 million 17
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (101)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)