Mar 11, 2013, 2:11 PM EDT
Hanzal nailed Benn in the waning moments of the game, but wasn’t penalized:
Benn, meanwhile, left the game and didn’t return. He’s currently listed as questionable for Tuesday’s game against Nashville with a wrist injury, though Benn said the injury occurred prior to getting hit.
Regardless, Stars head coach Glen Gulutzan expressed his displeasure with Hanzal’s check.
“I thought it was late,” he told Dallas Stars’ Inside Edge. “But that’s not for me to decide.”
Of note, Hanzal would be classified as a repeat offender under the NHL’s disciplinary guidelines. During last year’s playoffs, he was suspended one game for boarding Los Angeles Kings captain Dustin Brown during the Western Conference finals.
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 29
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 52
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 24
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 89
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 14
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 47
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (89)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)