Mar 11, 2013, 2:11 PM EDT
Hanzal nailed Benn in the waning moments of the game, but wasn’t penalized:
Benn, meanwhile, left the game and didn’t return. He’s currently listed as questionable for Tuesday’s game against Nashville with a wrist injury, though Benn said the injury occurred prior to getting hit.
Regardless, Stars head coach Glen Gulutzan expressed his displeasure with Hanzal’s check.
“I thought it was late,” he told Dallas Stars’ Inside Edge. “But that’s not for me to decide.”
Of note, Hanzal would be classified as a repeat offender under the NHL’s disciplinary guidelines. During last year’s playoffs, he was suspended one game for boarding Los Angeles Kings captain Dustin Brown during the Western Conference finals.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 1
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)