Mar 11, 2013, 2:11 PM EST
Hanzal nailed Benn in the waning moments of the game, but wasn’t penalized:
Benn, meanwhile, left the game and didn’t return. He’s currently listed as questionable for Tuesday’s game against Nashville with a wrist injury, though Benn said the injury occurred prior to getting hit.
Regardless, Stars head coach Glen Gulutzan expressed his displeasure with Hanzal’s check.
“I thought it was late,” he told Dallas Stars’ Inside Edge. “But that’s not for me to decide.”
Of note, Hanzal would be classified as a repeat offender under the NHL’s disciplinary guidelines. During last year’s playoffs, he was suspended one game for boarding Los Angeles Kings captain Dustin Brown during the Western Conference finals.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 12
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4