Mar 11, 2013, 4:05 PM EDT
“I’m not sure; it’s day-to-day right now,” Lupul said today after practicing, per the Globe and Mail.”I’m at seven weeks right now so you don’t just jump back in the lineup in one day. Everything felt good; we’ll see how it reacts tomorrow.”
Lupul hasn’t been cleared for contact. The 29-year-old has only played three games this season, registering no points. In January, he signed a five-year, $26.25 million contract extension.
The Leafs lost 5-4 in a shootout Saturday at home to Pittsburgh. They play the Jets in Winnipeg tomorrow night.
The Globe speculates Lupul could return sometime next week, possibly Wednesday versus Tampa Bay.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)