Mar 11, 2013, 4:05 PM EDT
“I’m not sure; it’s day-to-day right now,” Lupul said today after practicing, per the Globe and Mail.”I’m at seven weeks right now so you don’t just jump back in the lineup in one day. Everything felt good; we’ll see how it reacts tomorrow.”
Lupul hasn’t been cleared for contact. The 29-year-old has only played three games this season, registering no points. In January, he signed a five-year, $26.25 million contract extension.
The Leafs lost 5-4 in a shootout Saturday at home to Pittsburgh. They play the Jets in Winnipeg tomorrow night.
The Globe speculates Lupul could return sometime next week, possibly Wednesday versus Tampa Bay.
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 0
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 6
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 31
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 41
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25