Mar 11, 2013, 4:05 PM EDT
“I’m not sure; it’s day-to-day right now,” Lupul said today after practicing, per the Globe and Mail.”I’m at seven weeks right now so you don’t just jump back in the lineup in one day. Everything felt good; we’ll see how it reacts tomorrow.”
Lupul hasn’t been cleared for contact. The 29-year-old has only played three games this season, registering no points. In January, he signed a five-year, $26.25 million contract extension.
The Leafs lost 5-4 in a shootout Saturday at home to Pittsburgh. They play the Jets in Winnipeg tomorrow night.
The Globe speculates Lupul could return sometime next week, possibly Wednesday versus Tampa Bay.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)