Mar 11, 2013, 4:05 PM EDT
“I’m not sure; it’s day-to-day right now,” Lupul said today after practicing, per the Globe and Mail.”I’m at seven weeks right now so you don’t just jump back in the lineup in one day. Everything felt good; we’ll see how it reacts tomorrow.”
Lupul hasn’t been cleared for contact. The 29-year-old has only played three games this season, registering no points. In January, he signed a five-year, $26.25 million contract extension.
The Leafs lost 5-4 in a shootout Saturday at home to Pittsburgh. They play the Jets in Winnipeg tomorrow night.
The Globe speculates Lupul could return sometime next week, possibly Wednesday versus Tampa Bay.
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 0
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 45
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)