Mar 11, 2013, 4:05 PM EDT
“I’m not sure; it’s day-to-day right now,” Lupul said today after practicing, per the Globe and Mail.”I’m at seven weeks right now so you don’t just jump back in the lineup in one day. Everything felt good; we’ll see how it reacts tomorrow.”
Lupul hasn’t been cleared for contact. The 29-year-old has only played three games this season, registering no points. In January, he signed a five-year, $26.25 million contract extension.
The Leafs lost 5-4 in a shootout Saturday at home to Pittsburgh. They play the Jets in Winnipeg tomorrow night.
The Globe speculates Lupul could return sometime next week, possibly Wednesday versus Tampa Bay.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 3
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 32
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 6
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6