Mar 11, 2013, 6:46 PM EDT
In an unexpected twist, Dallas Stars forward Jamie Benn sat out Monday’s practice, but it wasn’t because of an injury related to Martin Hanzal‘s hit (which knocked him out of Saturday’s 2-1 loss to the Phoenix Coyotes).
At least that’s what he told the Dallas Morning News. Instead, he decided to get treatment on a wrist injury he suffered earlier in that game.
He might even be able to play in Tuesday’s game against the Nashville Predators.
“The wrist was a whole separate play, it had nothing to do with the hit,” Benn said. “The wrist is a little sore today. I took the day off, got a little treatment done. I’ll skate tomorrow and see how it feels.”
In other promising news for tomorrow’s contest, Ray Whitney could suit up as well after missing 16 games with a foot injury. He still needs to be cleared by team doctors (news of that might surface later tonight).
While it might not happen that soon, it sounds like the Stars are as close to full strength as they’ve been all season long.
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 6
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 97
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 12
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 3
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 20
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 22
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 17
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (99)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)