Mar 11, 2013, 6:46 PM EST
In an unexpected twist, Dallas Stars forward Jamie Benn sat out Monday’s practice, but it wasn’t because of an injury related to Martin Hanzal‘s hit (which knocked him out of Saturday’s 2-1 loss to the Phoenix Coyotes).
At least that’s what he told the Dallas Morning News. Instead, he decided to get treatment on a wrist injury he suffered earlier in that game.
He might even be able to play in Tuesday’s game against the Nashville Predators.
“The wrist was a whole separate play, it had nothing to do with the hit,” Benn said. “The wrist is a little sore today. I took the day off, got a little treatment done. I’ll skate tomorrow and see how it feels.”
In other promising news for tomorrow’s contest, Ray Whitney could suit up as well after missing 16 games with a foot injury. He still needs to be cleared by team doctors (news of that might surface later tonight).
While it might not happen that soon, it sounds like the Stars are as close to full strength as they’ve been all season long.
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 2
- Video: Shattenkirk injured, won’t return after collision with Ovechkin 1
- Ovechkin becomes fifth player to start career with 10 straight 30+ goal seasons 3
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 2
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 23
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 15
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5