Mar 11, 2013, 6:46 PM EDT
In an unexpected twist, Dallas Stars forward Jamie Benn sat out Monday’s practice, but it wasn’t because of an injury related to Martin Hanzal‘s hit (which knocked him out of Saturday’s 2-1 loss to the Phoenix Coyotes).
At least that’s what he told the Dallas Morning News. Instead, he decided to get treatment on a wrist injury he suffered earlier in that game.
He might even be able to play in Tuesday’s game against the Nashville Predators.
“The wrist was a whole separate play, it had nothing to do with the hit,” Benn said. “The wrist is a little sore today. I took the day off, got a little treatment done. I’ll skate tomorrow and see how it feels.”
In other promising news for tomorrow’s contest, Ray Whitney could suit up as well after missing 16 games with a foot injury. He still needs to be cleared by team doctors (news of that might surface later tonight).
While it might not happen that soon, it sounds like the Stars are as close to full strength as they’ve been all season long.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)