Mar 11, 2013, 6:46 PM EDT
In an unexpected twist, Dallas Stars forward Jamie Benn sat out Monday’s practice, but it wasn’t because of an injury related to Martin Hanzal‘s hit (which knocked him out of Saturday’s 2-1 loss to the Phoenix Coyotes).
At least that’s what he told the Dallas Morning News. Instead, he decided to get treatment on a wrist injury he suffered earlier in that game.
He might even be able to play in Tuesday’s game against the Nashville Predators.
“The wrist was a whole separate play, it had nothing to do with the hit,” Benn said. “The wrist is a little sore today. I took the day off, got a little treatment done. I’ll skate tomorrow and see how it feels.”
In other promising news for tomorrow’s contest, Ray Whitney could suit up as well after missing 16 games with a foot injury. He still needs to be cleared by team doctors (news of that might surface later tonight).
While it might not happen that soon, it sounds like the Stars are as close to full strength as they’ve been all season long.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 8
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 16
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)