Mar 11, 2013, 6:46 PM EST
In an unexpected twist, Dallas Stars forward Jamie Benn sat out Monday’s practice, but it wasn’t because of an injury related to Martin Hanzal‘s hit (which knocked him out of Saturday’s 2-1 loss to the Phoenix Coyotes).
At least that’s what he told the Dallas Morning News. Instead, he decided to get treatment on a wrist injury he suffered earlier in that game.
He might even be able to play in Tuesday’s game against the Nashville Predators.
“The wrist was a whole separate play, it had nothing to do with the hit,” Benn said. “The wrist is a little sore today. I took the day off, got a little treatment done. I’ll skate tomorrow and see how it feels.”
In other promising news for tomorrow’s contest, Ray Whitney could suit up as well after missing 16 games with a foot injury. He still needs to be cleared by team doctors (news of that might surface later tonight).
While it might not happen that soon, it sounds like the Stars are as close to full strength as they’ve been all season long.
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 2
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 33
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 45
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15