Mar 11, 2013, 12:14 PM EDT
After recording four wins, a .972 save percentage and 0.77 GAA, Columbus goalie Sergei Bobrovsky was named the NHL’s first star of the week on Monday.
Bobrovsky, 24, started the week by relieving Steve Mason in a 4-3 shootout win over Edmonton, followed by a 34-save effort in a victory over Vancouver.
‘Bob’ then beat Detroit in consecutive games, posting 30 saves in a 3-0 win on Saturday — the first shutout of his NHL career — before stopping another 21 shots in a 2-1 OT win on Sunday.
Second star of the week went to Pittsburgh’s Sidney Crosby.
Crosby led all skaters with nine assists and 11 points last week, taking a stranglehold of the NHL’s scoring lead in the process. Crosby is now eight points clear of Tampa Bay’s Steve Stamkos and nine clear of linemate Chris Kunitz, the NHL’s third-leading scorer.
The highlight of Crosby’s week came on Sunday, in which he tied a career-high with five assists in a 6-1 romp. In doing so, Crosby became the only active NHLer to record more than one five-assist game.
Third star of the week went to Los Angeles’ Jeff Carter.
Carter scored six goals in four games last week, bringing his overall total on the season to 17. That puts him in a tie for second with Kunitz and James Neal, all of whom sit behind league leader Steve Stamkos (19 goals).
Carter also scored two-game winning goals this week — against Nashville and St. Louis — and now leads the NHL in game-winning goals this season, with six.
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 1
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 1
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 22
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 35
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)