Mar 11, 2013, 12:14 PM EDT
After recording four wins, a .972 save percentage and 0.77 GAA, Columbus goalie Sergei Bobrovsky was named the NHL’s first star of the week on Monday.
Bobrovsky, 24, started the week by relieving Steve Mason in a 4-3 shootout win over Edmonton, followed by a 34-save effort in a victory over Vancouver.
‘Bob’ then beat Detroit in consecutive games, posting 30 saves in a 3-0 win on Saturday — the first shutout of his NHL career — before stopping another 21 shots in a 2-1 OT win on Sunday.
Second star of the week went to Pittsburgh’s Sidney Crosby.
Crosby led all skaters with nine assists and 11 points last week, taking a stranglehold of the NHL’s scoring lead in the process. Crosby is now eight points clear of Tampa Bay’s Steve Stamkos and nine clear of linemate Chris Kunitz, the NHL’s third-leading scorer.
The highlight of Crosby’s week came on Sunday, in which he tied a career-high with five assists in a 6-1 romp. In doing so, Crosby became the only active NHLer to record more than one five-assist game.
Third star of the week went to Los Angeles’ Jeff Carter.
Carter scored six goals in four games last week, bringing his overall total on the season to 17. That puts him in a tie for second with Kunitz and James Neal, all of whom sit behind league leader Steve Stamkos (19 goals).
Carter also scored two-game winning goals this week — against Nashville and St. Louis — and now leads the NHL in game-winning goals this season, with six.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 4
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 7
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)