Mar 11, 2013, 12:14 PM EST
After recording four wins, a .972 save percentage and 0.77 GAA, Columbus goalie Sergei Bobrovsky was named the NHL’s first star of the week on Monday.
Bobrovsky, 24, started the week by relieving Steve Mason in a 4-3 shootout win over Edmonton, followed by a 34-save effort in a victory over Vancouver.
‘Bob’ then beat Detroit in consecutive games, posting 30 saves in a 3-0 win on Saturday — the first shutout of his NHL career — before stopping another 21 shots in a 2-1 OT win on Sunday.
Second star of the week went to Pittsburgh’s Sidney Crosby.
Crosby led all skaters with nine assists and 11 points last week, taking a stranglehold of the NHL’s scoring lead in the process. Crosby is now eight points clear of Tampa Bay’s Steve Stamkos and nine clear of linemate Chris Kunitz, the NHL’s third-leading scorer.
The highlight of Crosby’s week came on Sunday, in which he tied a career-high with five assists in a 6-1 romp. In doing so, Crosby became the only active NHLer to record more than one five-assist game.
Third star of the week went to Los Angeles’ Jeff Carter.
Carter scored six goals in four games last week, bringing his overall total on the season to 17. That puts him in a tie for second with Kunitz and James Neal, all of whom sit behind league leader Steve Stamkos (19 goals).
Carter also scored two-game winning goals this week — against Nashville and St. Louis — and now leads the NHL in game-winning goals this season, with six.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 7
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)