Mar 11, 2013, 11:08 AM EDT
A Missouri landlord is suing St. Louis Blues forward TJ Oshie, claiming Oshie’s dogs caused $12,000 in damages to a penthouse suite.
Ashley Development (doing business as Buckingham Apartments) filed the suit in St. Louis County Court.
Here’s more, from Courthouse News Service:
“Defendant [Oshie], during the lease term, maintained two dogs which he customarily kept locked out onto the patio. During defendant’s tenancy, said dogs scratched and/or chewed on the custom screens, causing them to suffer irreparable damage necessitating the need for their replacement.”
Buckingham claims the dogs did $11,026.92 in damages and it will cost another $1,000 to repaint or stain the door frames.
Oshie paid $3,750 a month rent – including utilities, sewer, trash, satellite TV and Internet services, according to the complaint.
Courthouse News reports that, according to a YouTube video, Oshie claims to have a pair of rescue dogs.
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 47
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 50
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 54
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Panthers re-sign Kulikov: three years, $13 million 6
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him 77
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M 58
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (57)