Mar 11, 2013, 11:08 AM EST
A Missouri landlord is suing St. Louis Blues forward TJ Oshie, claiming Oshie’s dogs caused $12,000 in damages to a penthouse suite.
Ashley Development (doing business as Buckingham Apartments) filed the suit in St. Louis County Court.
Here’s more, from Courthouse News Service:
“Defendant [Oshie], during the lease term, maintained two dogs which he customarily kept locked out onto the patio. During defendant’s tenancy, said dogs scratched and/or chewed on the custom screens, causing them to suffer irreparable damage necessitating the need for their replacement.”
Buckingham claims the dogs did $11,026.92 in damages and it will cost another $1,000 to repaint or stain the door frames.
Oshie paid $3,750 a month rent – including utilities, sewer, trash, satellite TV and Internet services, according to the complaint.
Courthouse News reports that, according to a YouTube video, Oshie claims to have a pair of rescue dogs.
- Stomach flu makes Lightning’s Johnson a surprise scratch 0
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 8
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 9
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 13
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 6
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 33
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2