Mar 11, 2013, 11:08 AM EDT
A Missouri landlord is suing St. Louis Blues forward TJ Oshie, claiming Oshie’s dogs caused $12,000 in damages to a penthouse suite.
Ashley Development (doing business as Buckingham Apartments) filed the suit in St. Louis County Court.
Here’s more, from Courthouse News Service:
“Defendant [Oshie], during the lease term, maintained two dogs which he customarily kept locked out onto the patio. During defendant’s tenancy, said dogs scratched and/or chewed on the custom screens, causing them to suffer irreparable damage necessitating the need for their replacement.”
Buckingham claims the dogs did $11,026.92 in damages and it will cost another $1,000 to repaint or stain the door frames.
Oshie paid $3,750 a month rent – including utilities, sewer, trash, satellite TV and Internet services, according to the complaint.
Courthouse News reports that, according to a YouTube video, Oshie claims to have a pair of rescue dogs.
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 7
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 14
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 69
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (69)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)