Mar 10, 2013, 12:44 AM EDT
Phoenix Coyotes forward Martin Hanzal might have a conservation with NHL disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan in the near future.
You can see the NHL Network analyze the hit below:
Hanzal was not penalized and Benn left the game.
Stars coach Glen Gulutzan couldn’t immediately provide an update on Benn’s health, according to the Dallas Stars Inside Edge.
When asked about the hit, Gulutzan said, “I thought it was late, but that’s not for me to decide.”
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)