Mar 10, 2013, 12:44 AM EDT
Phoenix Coyotes forward Martin Hanzal might have a conservation with NHL disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan in the near future.
You can see the NHL Network analyze the hit below:
Hanzal was not penalized and Benn left the game.
Stars coach Glen Gulutzan couldn’t immediately provide an update on Benn’s health, according to the Dallas Stars Inside Edge.
When asked about the hit, Gulutzan said, “I thought it was late, but that’s not for me to decide.”
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 11
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 14
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 17
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 7
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 41
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 28
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)