Mar 10, 2013, 1:34 AM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins lost Evgeni Malkin to an upper-body injury on Saturday courtesy of a hit from Toronto Maple Leafs forward James van Riemsdyk, but that wasn’t the only scary moment for Penguins fans on Saturday.
The maneuver sent Crosby flying into the boards, as you can see below:
Fortunately for the Penguins, Crosby wasn’t hurt as a result, although he did admit after the game that he “got some air time,” according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette’s Shelly Anderson.
Crosby ended up getting the last laugh. The game went to a shootout and the Penguins superstar put his team on top with this goal:
Pittsburgh has now won four straight games as they battle the Montreal Canadiens and Boston Bruins for the top seed in the Eastern Conference.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 99
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 77
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (100)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)