Mar 10, 2013, 1:34 AM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins lost Evgeni Malkin to an upper-body injury on Saturday courtesy of a hit from Toronto Maple Leafs forward James van Riemsdyk, but that wasn’t the only scary moment for Penguins fans on Saturday.
The maneuver sent Crosby flying into the boards, as you can see below:
Fortunately for the Penguins, Crosby wasn’t hurt as a result, although he did admit after the game that he “got some air time,” according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette’s Shelly Anderson.
Crosby ended up getting the last laugh. The game went to a shootout and the Penguins superstar put his team on top with this goal:
Pittsburgh has now won four straight games as they battle the Montreal Canadiens and Boston Bruins for the top seed in the Eastern Conference.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 20
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 19
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 44
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 121
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 36
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 79
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7