Mar 10, 2013, 1:34 AM EST
The Pittsburgh Penguins lost Evgeni Malkin to an upper-body injury on Saturday courtesy of a hit from Toronto Maple Leafs forward James van Riemsdyk, but that wasn’t the only scary moment for Penguins fans on Saturday.
The maneuver sent Crosby flying into the boards, as you can see below:
Fortunately for the Penguins, Crosby wasn’t hurt as a result, although he did admit after the game that he “got some air time,” according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette’s Shelly Anderson.
Crosby ended up getting the last laugh. The game went to a shootout and the Penguins superstar put his team on top with this goal:
Pittsburgh has now won four straight games as they battle the Montreal Canadiens and Boston Bruins for the top seed in the Eastern Conference.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 150
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 97
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 119
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (181)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (151)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (119)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)