Mar 10, 2013, 1:34 AM EST
The Pittsburgh Penguins lost Evgeni Malkin to an upper-body injury on Saturday courtesy of a hit from Toronto Maple Leafs forward James van Riemsdyk, but that wasn’t the only scary moment for Penguins fans on Saturday.
The maneuver sent Crosby flying into the boards, as you can see below:
Fortunately for the Penguins, Crosby wasn’t hurt as a result, although he did admit after the game that he “got some air time,” according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette’s Shelly Anderson.
Crosby ended up getting the last laugh. The game went to a shootout and the Penguins superstar put his team on top with this goal:
Pittsburgh has now won four straight games as they battle the Montreal Canadiens and Boston Bruins for the top seed in the Eastern Conference.
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 1
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 15
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 14
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 61
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 28
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)