Mar 10, 2013, 1:34 AM EST
The Pittsburgh Penguins lost Evgeni Malkin to an upper-body injury on Saturday courtesy of a hit from Toronto Maple Leafs forward James van Riemsdyk, but that wasn’t the only scary moment for Penguins fans on Saturday.
The maneuver sent Crosby flying into the boards, as you can see below:
Fortunately for the Penguins, Crosby wasn’t hurt as a result, although he did admit after the game that he “got some air time,” according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette’s Shelly Anderson.
Crosby ended up getting the last laugh. The game went to a shootout and the Penguins superstar put his team on top with this goal:
Pittsburgh has now won four straight games as they battle the Montreal Canadiens and Boston Bruins for the top seed in the Eastern Conference.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 29
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)