Mar 10, 2013, 11:05 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets are heating up while Matt Calvert is collecting some highlight reel goals.
On Thursday, he scored what some described as a “video game goal” in overtime to push Columbus beyond the Vancouver Canucks 2-1 in overtime. Extra time seems to be where he shines, as he dazzled with this shootout goal in the Blue Jackets’ 3-2 SO win against the Detroit Red Wings on Sunday:
That Blue Jackets are now on a five-game winning streak and finished their season series against Detroit at 4-0-1.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 0
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53