Mar 10, 2013, 11:05 PM EST
The Columbus Blue Jackets are heating up while Matt Calvert is collecting some highlight reel goals.
On Thursday, he scored what some described as a “video game goal” in overtime to push Columbus beyond the Vancouver Canucks 2-1 in overtime. Extra time seems to be where he shines, as he dazzled with this shootout goal in the Blue Jackets’ 3-2 SO win against the Detroit Red Wings on Sunday:
That Blue Jackets are now on a five-game winning streak and finished their season series against Detroit at 4-0-1.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 4
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 73
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2