Mar 10, 2013, 11:05 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets are heating up while Matt Calvert is collecting some highlight reel goals.
On Thursday, he scored what some described as a “video game goal” in overtime to push Columbus beyond the Vancouver Canucks 2-1 in overtime. Extra time seems to be where he shines, as he dazzled with this shootout goal in the Blue Jackets’ 3-2 SO win against the Detroit Red Wings on Sunday:
That Blue Jackets are now on a five-game winning streak and finished their season series against Detroit at 4-0-1.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22