Mar 10, 2013, 9:22 PM EDT
Buffalo Sabres forward Tyler Ennis won’t return to Sunday’s game against the Philadelphia Flyers because of an upper-body injury caused by a Wayne Simmonds check.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
That hit forced Simmonds to fight Mike Weber, who was tossed from the game and given a two-minute instigator penalty for dropping the gloves. Simmonds, 24, didn’t receive a penalty for the check, only getting the standard five minutes for fighting.
Ennis, 23, has 18 points in 25 games this season. He was limited to just 48 games played in 2011-12 after playing all 82 in 2010-11.
It’s worth noting that he had problems with a shoulder injury while playing in Switzerland during the lockout.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38