Mar 10, 2013, 9:22 PM EDT
Buffalo Sabres forward Tyler Ennis won’t return to Sunday’s game against the Philadelphia Flyers because of an upper-body injury caused by a Wayne Simmonds check.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
That hit forced Simmonds to fight Mike Weber, who was tossed from the game and given a two-minute instigator penalty for dropping the gloves. Simmonds, 24, didn’t receive a penalty for the check, only getting the standard five minutes for fighting.
Ennis, 23, has 18 points in 25 games this season. He was limited to just 48 games played in 2011-12 after playing all 82 in 2010-11.
It’s worth noting that he had problems with a shoulder injury while playing in Switzerland during the lockout.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 35
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 32
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 50
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35