Mar 10, 2013, 9:22 PM EST
Buffalo Sabres forward Tyler Ennis won’t return to Sunday’s game against the Philadelphia Flyers because of an upper-body injury caused by a Wayne Simmonds check.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
That hit forced Simmonds to fight Mike Weber, who was tossed from the game and given a two-minute instigator penalty for dropping the gloves. Simmonds, 24, didn’t receive a penalty for the check, only getting the standard five minutes for fighting.
Ennis, 23, has 18 points in 25 games this season. He was limited to just 48 games played in 2011-12 after playing all 82 in 2010-11.
It’s worth noting that he had problems with a shoulder injury while playing in Switzerland during the lockout.
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 7
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (68)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)