Mar 10, 2013, 9:22 PM EDT
Buffalo Sabres forward Tyler Ennis won’t return to Sunday’s game against the Philadelphia Flyers because of an upper-body injury caused by a Wayne Simmonds check.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
That hit forced Simmonds to fight Mike Weber, who was tossed from the game and given a two-minute instigator penalty for dropping the gloves. Simmonds, 24, didn’t receive a penalty for the check, only getting the standard five minutes for fighting.
Ennis, 23, has 18 points in 25 games this season. He was limited to just 48 games played in 2011-12 after playing all 82 in 2010-11.
It’s worth noting that he had problems with a shoulder injury while playing in Switzerland during the lockout.
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 17
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 0
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 24
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7