Mar 10, 2013, 9:22 PM EDT
Buffalo Sabres forward Tyler Ennis won’t return to Sunday’s game against the Philadelphia Flyers because of an upper-body injury caused by a Wayne Simmonds check.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
That hit forced Simmonds to fight Mike Weber, who was tossed from the game and given a two-minute instigator penalty for dropping the gloves. Simmonds, 24, didn’t receive a penalty for the check, only getting the standard five minutes for fighting.
Ennis, 23, has 18 points in 25 games this season. He was limited to just 48 games played in 2011-12 after playing all 82 in 2010-11.
It’s worth noting that he had problems with a shoulder injury while playing in Switzerland during the lockout.
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 7
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 15
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 65
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)