Mar 10, 2013, 10:10 AM EDT
For the last few months we’ve heard rumors about how Avalanche teammates Ryan O’Reilly and Matt Duchene weren’t seeing eye-to-eye. When O’Reilly’s contract squabbles with the team dragged out, it was believed there was strife there.
Fear not, rumormongers, the two young Colorado stars would like everyone to know they’re friends as they shared with Adrian Dater of The Denver Post. Dater asked the two players directly if they had beef and they cleared the air fast.
“No,” Duchene said. “We’re still buddies, we’re teammates and we both want to win together.”
Said O’Reilly: “We’re still friends. I don’t know where some of that stuff got started.”
Some of that stuff started on its own with some help from Dater’s co-worker at the Denver Post, Mike Chambers, after the Avalanche lost in Detroit on Tuesday. At the very least this stuff didn’t get a chance to fester. Perhaps after the Avs took out Chicago on Friday, it sparks them to make a run towards the playoffs.
May 25, 2013, 5:31 PM EDT
Looks like Dougie Hamilton is the odd man out.
May 25, 2013, 5:09 PM EDT
He’s been out with a broken hand.
May 25, 2013, 4:17 PM EDT
He avoided a fight in Game 4.
May 25, 2013, 3:07 PM EDT
Desperation calls for tinkering.
May 25, 2013, 1:41 PM EDT
This saga isn’t quite over yet.
May 25, 2013, 1:12 PM EDT
Kids will learn how to hit later.
May 25, 2013, 11:42 AM EDT
This sounds a bit familiar.
May 25, 2013, 10:51 AM EDT
He was Philly’s coach for four years.
May 25, 2013, 9:57 AM EDT
Chicago and New York look to live another day.
May 25, 2013, 9:18 AM EDT
His blue line experience was missed.
May 25, 2013, 2:08 AM EDT
One loss away from elimination.
May 25, 2013, 1:03 AM EDT
Future of the NHL.
May 25, 2013, 12:20 AM EDT
Now, that’s a toe-drag.
May 24, 2013, 11:56 PM EDT
Was Friday’s loss his last NHL games?
May 24, 2013, 11:15 PM EDT
Pittsburgh wins in five games.
May 24, 2013, 10:47 PM EDT
Bad blood, although this seemed unnecessary.
May 24, 2013, 10:31 PM EDT
Big developments coming out of the desert.
May 24, 2013, 10:27 PM EDT
Await winner of Boston-New York.
May 24, 2013, 10:09 PM EDT
May 24, 2013, 9:50 PM EDT
L.A. can move to conference final with a win over the Sharks in Game 6.
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 66
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 6
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 32
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 16
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 73
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 6
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 8
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- Play Video: Neil hits Murray below the belt
- Play Video: Morrow's goal up for review in Game 5
- Play Video: Phantom penalty called on Crosby
- Play Video: I was there: Bruins stun Maple Leafs in Game 7
- Play Video: Top-seeded Blackhawks on brink of elimination