Mar 10, 2013, 10:10 AM EST
For the last few months we’ve heard rumors about how Avalanche teammates Ryan O’Reilly and Matt Duchene weren’t seeing eye-to-eye. When O’Reilly’s contract squabbles with the team dragged out, it was believed there was strife there.
Fear not, rumormongers, the two young Colorado stars would like everyone to know they’re friends as they shared with Adrian Dater of The Denver Post. Dater asked the two players directly if they had beef and they cleared the air fast.
“No,” Duchene said. “We’re still buddies, we’re teammates and we both want to win together.”
Said O’Reilly: “We’re still friends. I don’t know where some of that stuff got started.”
Some of that stuff started on its own with some help from Dater’s co-worker at the Denver Post, Mike Chambers, after the Avalanche lost in Detroit on Tuesday. At the very least this stuff didn’t get a chance to fester. Perhaps after the Avs took out Chicago on Friday, it sparks them to make a run towards the playoffs.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 21
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)