Mar 10, 2013, 3:25 PM EDT
Brandon Prust has been a surprisingly key player for Montreal this season, but now the Habs will have to find out what they can do without him for a short time.
The team announced Prust has a first-degree shoulder separation and will miss 10-14 days to recover from it. He suffered the injury last night in Montreal’s comeback victory over Tampa Bay. Rugged forward Ryan White will reenter the lineup to take his place.
Prust has been a boon for Montreal contributing toughness (81 penalty minutes) and penalty killing while also adding some offense with four goals and five assists. His work on a line with Alex Galchenyuk and Brendan Gallagher has helped both of those rookies get off to flying starts.
Courtesy of Kukla’s Korner, here’s video of how he was injured.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (159)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)