Mar 10, 2013, 6:56 PM EST
The Columbus Blue Jackets and Winnipeg Jets made a low-level trade on Sunday, with Tomas Kubalik going to Winnipeg and Spencer Machacek becoming a part of Columbus’ organization.
At this point, you’re probably wondering: who are those guys? (It’s OK, just about anyone would.)
Here’s a quick lowdown on both.
Machacek looks like this. The Atlanta Thrashers/Jets drafted him in the third round (67th overall) in 2007. He’s played in 25 NHL games (two goals, nine points), including 13 with Winnipeg in 2011-12.
The Blue Jackets drafted Kubalik in 2008 (fifth round, 135th overall). He has played 12 games at the NHL level (one goals and four points), including eight last season.
So … there you go.
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 0
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 12
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 14
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14