Mar 10, 2013, 6:56 PM EST
The Columbus Blue Jackets and Winnipeg Jets made a low-level trade on Sunday, with Tomas Kubalik going to Winnipeg and Spencer Machacek becoming a part of Columbus’ organization.
At this point, you’re probably wondering: who are those guys? (It’s OK, just about anyone would.)
Here’s a quick lowdown on both.
Machacek looks like this. The Atlanta Thrashers/Jets drafted him in the third round (67th overall) in 2007. He’s played in 25 NHL games (two goals, nine points), including 13 with Winnipeg in 2011-12.
The Blue Jackets drafted Kubalik in 2008 (fifth round, 135th overall). He has played 12 games at the NHL level (one goals and four points), including eight last season.
So … there you go.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 6
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 73
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2