Mar 10, 2013, 6:56 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets and Winnipeg Jets made a low-level trade on Sunday, with Tomas Kubalik going to Winnipeg and Spencer Machacek becoming a part of Columbus’ organization.
At this point, you’re probably wondering: who are those guys? (It’s OK, just about anyone would.)
Here’s a quick lowdown on both.
Machacek looks like this. The Atlanta Thrashers/Jets drafted him in the third round (67th overall) in 2007. He’s played in 25 NHL games (two goals, nine points), including 13 with Winnipeg in 2011-12.
The Blue Jackets drafted Kubalik in 2008 (fifth round, 135th overall). He has played 12 games at the NHL level (one goals and four points), including eight last season.
So … there you go.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 5
- In praise of John Tavares 13
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 20
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36