Mar 10, 2013, 9:58 PM EDT
After seeing their historic point streak end on Friday, the Chicago Blackhawks have now suffered two consecutive regulation losses.
In each game, the ‘Hawks surprising goaltending has seen some tough times; both the Colorado Avalanche (6-2 on Friday) and Edmonton Oilers (6-5 on Sunday) dropped six goals on Chicago.
Ray Emery was chased from the net just over nine minutes in after allowing three goals as part of a 4-0 first period for Edmonton. The second period was frantic as the Blackhawks made it 6-4, while Patrick Kane‘s second goal of the night brought it to 6-5 in the third. Ultimately, the comeback fell short, though.
While the Blackhawks are finally experiencing a negative streak, the Oilers must feel optimistic after holding a players-only meeting following an ugly Friday loss to the Nashville Predators. Still, that victory won’t be too sweet if Devan Dubnyk‘s injury is significant.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 16
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 22
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (145)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (99)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)