Mar 10, 2013, 9:58 PM EDT
After seeing their historic point streak end on Friday, the Chicago Blackhawks have now suffered two consecutive regulation losses.
In each game, the ‘Hawks surprising goaltending has seen some tough times; both the Colorado Avalanche (6-2 on Friday) and Edmonton Oilers (6-5 on Sunday) dropped six goals on Chicago.
Ray Emery was chased from the net just over nine minutes in after allowing three goals as part of a 4-0 first period for Edmonton. The second period was frantic as the Blackhawks made it 6-4, while Patrick Kane‘s second goal of the night brought it to 6-5 in the third. Ultimately, the comeback fell short, though.
While the Blackhawks are finally experiencing a negative streak, the Oilers must feel optimistic after holding a players-only meeting following an ugly Friday loss to the Nashville Predators. Still, that victory won’t be too sweet if Devan Dubnyk‘s injury is significant.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 75
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 33
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (94)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (76)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)