Mar 10, 2013, 8:02 PM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche hope to maintain momentum after breaking the Chicago Blackhawks’ streak. They’ll get a key defenseman back on Sunday to attempt to keep it going.
Blueliner Ryan Wilson will return to the lineup while forward Tyson Barrie will remain a healthy scratch, according to The Denver Post. NHL.com adds that the team placed Milan Hejduk on the IR retroactive to March 3.
Wilson has been dealing with an ankle injury that has sidelined him since Feb. 2. He’s scored three assists in the eight games he managed to play in 2013.
The 26-year-old defenseman is in his fourth season with the Avs. He played in 59 games in 2011-12, matching his career high with 21 points while averaging 18:44 minutes per game.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 17
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 13
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 4
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 25
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)