Mar 10, 2013, 8:02 PM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche hope to maintain momentum after breaking the Chicago Blackhawks’ streak. They’ll get a key defenseman back on Sunday to attempt to keep it going.
Blueliner Ryan Wilson will return to the lineup while forward Tyson Barrie will remain a healthy scratch, according to The Denver Post. NHL.com adds that the team placed Milan Hejduk on the IR retroactive to March 3.
Wilson has been dealing with an ankle injury that has sidelined him since Feb. 2. He’s scored three assists in the eight games he managed to play in 2013.
The 26-year-old defenseman is in his fourth season with the Avs. He played in 59 games in 2011-12, matching his career high with 21 points while averaging 18:44 minutes per game.
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 11
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 35
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 53
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 85
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (86)