Mar 10, 2013, 8:02 PM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche hope to maintain momentum after breaking the Chicago Blackhawks’ streak. They’ll get a key defenseman back on Sunday to attempt to keep it going.
Blueliner Ryan Wilson will return to the lineup while forward Tyson Barrie will remain a healthy scratch, according to The Denver Post. NHL.com adds that the team placed Milan Hejduk on the IR retroactive to March 3.
Wilson has been dealing with an ankle injury that has sidelined him since Feb. 2. He’s scored three assists in the eight games he managed to play in 2013.
The 26-year-old defenseman is in his fourth season with the Avs. He played in 59 games in 2011-12, matching his career high with 21 points while averaging 18:44 minutes per game.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 8
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 29
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)