Mar 10, 2013, 8:02 PM EST
The Colorado Avalanche hope to maintain momentum after breaking the Chicago Blackhawks’ streak. They’ll get a key defenseman back on Sunday to attempt to keep it going.
Blueliner Ryan Wilson will return to the lineup while forward Tyson Barrie will remain a healthy scratch, according to The Denver Post. NHL.com adds that the team placed Milan Hejduk on the IR retroactive to March 3.
Wilson has been dealing with an ankle injury that has sidelined him since Feb. 2. He’s scored three assists in the eight games he managed to play in 2013.
The 26-year-old defenseman is in his fourth season with the Avs. He played in 59 games in 2011-12, matching his career high with 21 points while averaging 18:44 minutes per game.
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 5
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 3
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 9
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 20
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56
- Eakins calls for patience in Edmonton, whether fans ‘like it or not’ 15