Mar 10, 2013, 8:02 PM EST
The Colorado Avalanche hope to maintain momentum after breaking the Chicago Blackhawks’ streak. They’ll get a key defenseman back on Sunday to attempt to keep it going.
Blueliner Ryan Wilson will return to the lineup while forward Tyson Barrie will remain a healthy scratch, according to The Denver Post. NHL.com adds that the team placed Milan Hejduk on the IR retroactive to March 3.
Wilson has been dealing with an ankle injury that has sidelined him since Feb. 2. He’s scored three assists in the eight games he managed to play in 2013.
The 26-year-old defenseman is in his fourth season with the Avs. He played in 59 games in 2011-12, matching his career high with 21 points while averaging 18:44 minutes per game.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 13
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)