Mar 9, 2013, 9:44 AM EST
The New York Rangers could use a spark in their game and one familiar face from last season could provide it. The question is, do the Rangers want to bring back Mats Zuccarello?
According to a report out of Norway, shared by Andrew Gross at The Bergen Record, even he’s not sure if the Rangers are truly interested.
“The last thing I heard was that they are interested and we’ll just have to see if they still are,” said Zuccarello, his quotes translated from Norwegian. “I haven’t quite decided yet. But it’s the NHL so if the chance comes, of course it’s tempting.”
New York’s interest in wanting “The Hobbit” to come back to Broadway isn’t new as there’s been talk about this already. For Zuccarello, it’s likely he’ll want some assurances before coming back to the NHL. Locking up a one-way deal that makes it more of a financial bite for the team to send him to the AHL if need be would be a good one as coach John Tortorella went through the motions when it came to his game.
One thing’s for sure, the kind of offensive lift he can provide to even the fourth line has to be better than what they’re getting out of guys like Stu Bickel.
- Stomach flu makes Lightning’s Johnson a surprise scratch 0
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 6
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 8
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 11
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 6
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 33
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2