Mar 9, 2013, 9:44 AM EDT
The New York Rangers could use a spark in their game and one familiar face from last season could provide it. The question is, do the Rangers want to bring back Mats Zuccarello?
According to a report out of Norway, shared by Andrew Gross at The Bergen Record, even he’s not sure if the Rangers are truly interested.
“The last thing I heard was that they are interested and we’ll just have to see if they still are,” said Zuccarello, his quotes translated from Norwegian. “I haven’t quite decided yet. But it’s the NHL so if the chance comes, of course it’s tempting.”
New York’s interest in wanting “The Hobbit” to come back to Broadway isn’t new as there’s been talk about this already. For Zuccarello, it’s likely he’ll want some assurances before coming back to the NHL. Locking up a one-way deal that makes it more of a financial bite for the team to send him to the AHL if need be would be a good one as coach John Tortorella went through the motions when it came to his game.
One thing’s for sure, the kind of offensive lift he can provide to even the fourth line has to be better than what they’re getting out of guys like Stu Bickel.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 5
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 35
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 11
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 23
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)