Mar 9, 2013, 9:44 AM EDT
The New York Rangers could use a spark in their game and one familiar face from last season could provide it. The question is, do the Rangers want to bring back Mats Zuccarello?
According to a report out of Norway, shared by Andrew Gross at The Bergen Record, even he’s not sure if the Rangers are truly interested.
“The last thing I heard was that they are interested and we’ll just have to see if they still are,” said Zuccarello, his quotes translated from Norwegian. “I haven’t quite decided yet. But it’s the NHL so if the chance comes, of course it’s tempting.”
New York’s interest in wanting “The Hobbit” to come back to Broadway isn’t new as there’s been talk about this already. For Zuccarello, it’s likely he’ll want some assurances before coming back to the NHL. Locking up a one-way deal that makes it more of a financial bite for the team to send him to the AHL if need be would be a good one as coach John Tortorella went through the motions when it came to his game.
One thing’s for sure, the kind of offensive lift he can provide to even the fourth line has to be better than what they’re getting out of guys like Stu Bickel.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 15
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 14
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5