Mar 9, 2013, 9:44 AM EST
The New York Rangers could use a spark in their game and one familiar face from last season could provide it. The question is, do the Rangers want to bring back Mats Zuccarello?
According to a report out of Norway, shared by Andrew Gross at The Bergen Record, even he’s not sure if the Rangers are truly interested.
“The last thing I heard was that they are interested and we’ll just have to see if they still are,” said Zuccarello, his quotes translated from Norwegian. “I haven’t quite decided yet. But it’s the NHL so if the chance comes, of course it’s tempting.”
New York’s interest in wanting “The Hobbit” to come back to Broadway isn’t new as there’s been talk about this already. For Zuccarello, it’s likely he’ll want some assurances before coming back to the NHL. Locking up a one-way deal that makes it more of a financial bite for the team to send him to the AHL if need be would be a good one as coach John Tortorella went through the motions when it came to his game.
One thing’s for sure, the kind of offensive lift he can provide to even the fourth line has to be better than what they’re getting out of guys like Stu Bickel.
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 15
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 21
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 62
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 30
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17