Mar 9, 2013, 10:10 PM EDT
Now Predators fans will have to hold their breath and hope that 23-year-old forward Colin Wilson‘s upper body injury isn’t serious.
Wilson, who has a team-leading 19 points, sustained an upper-body injury when he was hit from behind into the boards by Minnesota Wild defenseman Justin Falk.
The team has announced that Wilson will not return for the remainder of Saturday’s game, according to the NHL.com.
Nashville entered Saturday’s game after scoring an uncharacteristic six goals against the Edmonton Oilers on Friday. Wilson and Hornqvist combined for three of Nashville’s goals in that contest.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 20
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 19
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 44
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 121
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 36
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 79
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7