Mar 9, 2013, 10:10 PM EST
Now Predators fans will have to hold their breath and hope that 23-year-old forward Colin Wilson‘s upper body injury isn’t serious.
Wilson, who has a team-leading 19 points, sustained an upper-body injury when he was hit from behind into the boards by Minnesota Wild defenseman Justin Falk.
The team has announced that Wilson will not return for the remainder of Saturday’s game, according to the NHL.com.
Nashville entered Saturday’s game after scoring an uncharacteristic six goals against the Edmonton Oilers on Friday. Wilson and Hornqvist combined for three of Nashville’s goals in that contest.
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 0
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 74
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 2
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 20
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 16
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 30
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 24
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (76)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)