Mar 9, 2013, 10:10 PM EDT
Now Predators fans will have to hold their breath and hope that 23-year-old forward Colin Wilson‘s upper body injury isn’t serious.
Wilson, who has a team-leading 19 points, sustained an upper-body injury when he was hit from behind into the boards by Minnesota Wild defenseman Justin Falk.
The team has announced that Wilson will not return for the remainder of Saturday’s game, according to the NHL.com.
Nashville entered Saturday’s game after scoring an uncharacteristic six goals against the Edmonton Oilers on Friday. Wilson and Hornqvist combined for three of Nashville’s goals in that contest.
- 2015 Jack Adams Award finalists: Hartley, Laviolette, Vigneault 4
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Canada fights back to beat Sweden at worlds 6
- NHL hockey ops explains no-goal call 37
- Jack Adams Award finalists to be announced tonight 4
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 10
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 15
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 53
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 49
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (79)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)