Mar 9, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Tampa Bay is going to give an old, new face a shot in goal tonight. Lightning coach Guy Boucher announced 27 year-old Cedrick Desjardins would get the call against Montreal, his former organization, tonight in Tampa.
The Lightning have had their ups and downs in goal this season and even though Anders Lindback played strong against Winnipeg on Thursday, giving Desjardins the nod allows them to see if they’ve got something with their one-time prospect. Desjardins got his only two previous NHL starts with the Lightning during the 2010-11 season after being acquired from Montreal for Karri Ramo.
Tampa’s record isn’t anything inspiring at the moment as they sit tied for 12th in the East with Buffalo and Washington, but they’re just six points back of Southeast Division leading Carolina. The Lightning hope Desjardins can give them the kind of stability out of the minors they didn’t feel they got with Dustin Tokarski.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 4
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 22
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5