Mar 9, 2013, 10:38 AM EDT
When Buffalo forward Jochen Hecht was a healthy scratch on Thursday night, the 35 year-old veteran took that about as well as you would expect.
As John Vogl of The Buffalo News shares, Hecht wasn’t all too chatty about having to take a seat against the Devils.
“No comment. Talk to the guys that are playing,” Hecht told The Buffalo News in Prudential Center.
Hecht was a favorite of former coach Lindy Ruff’s in Buffalo, but with the team still struggling and new coach Ron Rolston looking for ways to spark the team, he’s gone the way of the farm to do that. Rookie Brian Flynn has a goal in four games and Hecht’s scratch led to tough guy John Scott getting back in the lineup.
Hecht has just a goal and five assists this season while playing mostly third and fourth line minutes. The Sabres face an equally struggling Flyers team tomorrow night in Philly.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 20
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 19
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 44
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 121
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 36
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 79
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7