Mar 9, 2013, 10:38 AM EDT
When Buffalo forward Jochen Hecht was a healthy scratch on Thursday night, the 35 year-old veteran took that about as well as you would expect.
As John Vogl of The Buffalo News shares, Hecht wasn’t all too chatty about having to take a seat against the Devils.
“No comment. Talk to the guys that are playing,” Hecht told The Buffalo News in Prudential Center.
Hecht was a favorite of former coach Lindy Ruff’s in Buffalo, but with the team still struggling and new coach Ron Rolston looking for ways to spark the team, he’s gone the way of the farm to do that. Rookie Brian Flynn has a goal in four games and Hecht’s scratch led to tough guy John Scott getting back in the lineup.
Hecht has just a goal and five assists this season while playing mostly third and fourth line minutes. The Sabres face an equally struggling Flyers team tomorrow night in Philly.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 38
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 99
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 88
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 19
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (99)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (88)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)