Mar 9, 2013, 10:38 AM EDT
When Buffalo forward Jochen Hecht was a healthy scratch on Thursday night, the 35 year-old veteran took that about as well as you would expect.
As John Vogl of The Buffalo News shares, Hecht wasn’t all too chatty about having to take a seat against the Devils.
“No comment. Talk to the guys that are playing,” Hecht told The Buffalo News in Prudential Center.
Hecht was a favorite of former coach Lindy Ruff’s in Buffalo, but with the team still struggling and new coach Ron Rolston looking for ways to spark the team, he’s gone the way of the farm to do that. Rookie Brian Flynn has a goal in four games and Hecht’s scratch led to tough guy John Scott getting back in the lineup.
Hecht has just a goal and five assists this season while playing mostly third and fourth line minutes. The Sabres face an equally struggling Flyers team tomorrow night in Philly.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 40
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)