Mar 9, 2013, 10:38 AM EDT
When Buffalo forward Jochen Hecht was a healthy scratch on Thursday night, the 35 year-old veteran took that about as well as you would expect.
As John Vogl of The Buffalo News shares, Hecht wasn’t all too chatty about having to take a seat against the Devils.
“No comment. Talk to the guys that are playing,” Hecht told The Buffalo News in Prudential Center.
Hecht was a favorite of former coach Lindy Ruff’s in Buffalo, but with the team still struggling and new coach Ron Rolston looking for ways to spark the team, he’s gone the way of the farm to do that. Rookie Brian Flynn has a goal in four games and Hecht’s scratch led to tough guy John Scott getting back in the lineup.
Hecht has just a goal and five assists this season while playing mostly third and fourth line minutes. The Sabres face an equally struggling Flyers team tomorrow night in Philly.
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 13
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 3
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 22
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 11
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 96
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (96)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)