Mar 9, 2013, 10:38 AM EDT
When Buffalo forward Jochen Hecht was a healthy scratch on Thursday night, the 35 year-old veteran took that about as well as you would expect.
As John Vogl of The Buffalo News shares, Hecht wasn’t all too chatty about having to take a seat against the Devils.
“No comment. Talk to the guys that are playing,” Hecht told The Buffalo News in Prudential Center.
Hecht was a favorite of former coach Lindy Ruff’s in Buffalo, but with the team still struggling and new coach Ron Rolston looking for ways to spark the team, he’s gone the way of the farm to do that. Rookie Brian Flynn has a goal in four games and Hecht’s scratch led to tough guy John Scott getting back in the lineup.
Hecht has just a goal and five assists this season while playing mostly third and fourth line minutes. The Sabres face an equally struggling Flyers team tomorrow night in Philly.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 5
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 13
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 10
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5