Mar 9, 2013, 12:53 PM EDT
The Flyers get some much needed help for their deplete defense this afternoon in the form of Andrej Meszaros.
Philly GM Paul Holmgren announced they’ve activated Meszaros from injured reserve and he’ll be in the lineup this afternoon against Boston. Meszaros has missed 21 games this season with a bum shoulder and the depths the team has had to go to cover for injured and ineffective players have hurt their performance.
While the team is in ninth place in the Eastern Conference they haven’t had issues scoring goals, but rather in keeping teams off the board themselves. You don’t have to look any further than their game Thursday night against Pittsburgh that saw them blow a 4-1 first period lead en route to an embarrassing 5-4 loss.
With players getting healthy and returning to the lineup, now is the time for the Flyers to prove what exactly they’ve got going on and whether or not it’s time for Holmgren to start making moves to get them into the postseason.
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 5
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 53
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 6
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 45
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 98
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)