Mar 9, 2013, 12:53 PM EDT
The Flyers get some much needed help for their deplete defense this afternoon in the form of Andrej Meszaros.
Philly GM Paul Holmgren announced they’ve activated Meszaros from injured reserve and he’ll be in the lineup this afternoon against Boston. Meszaros has missed 21 games this season with a bum shoulder and the depths the team has had to go to cover for injured and ineffective players have hurt their performance.
While the team is in ninth place in the Eastern Conference they haven’t had issues scoring goals, but rather in keeping teams off the board themselves. You don’t have to look any further than their game Thursday night against Pittsburgh that saw them blow a 4-1 first period lead en route to an embarrassing 5-4 loss.
With players getting healthy and returning to the lineup, now is the time for the Flyers to prove what exactly they’ve got going on and whether or not it’s time for Holmgren to start making moves to get them into the postseason.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 0
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53