Mar 9, 2013, 12:53 PM EST
The Flyers get some much needed help for their deplete defense this afternoon in the form of Andrej Meszaros.
Philly GM Paul Holmgren announced they’ve activated Meszaros from injured reserve and he’ll be in the lineup this afternoon against Boston. Meszaros has missed 21 games this season with a bum shoulder and the depths the team has had to go to cover for injured and ineffective players have hurt their performance.
While the team is in ninth place in the Eastern Conference they haven’t had issues scoring goals, but rather in keeping teams off the board themselves. You don’t have to look any further than their game Thursday night against Pittsburgh that saw them blow a 4-1 first period lead en route to an embarrassing 5-4 loss.
With players getting healthy and returning to the lineup, now is the time for the Flyers to prove what exactly they’ve got going on and whether or not it’s time for Holmgren to start making moves to get them into the postseason.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 16
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 63
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (68)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)