Mar 9, 2013, 12:53 PM EDT
The Flyers get some much needed help for their deplete defense this afternoon in the form of Andrej Meszaros.
Philly GM Paul Holmgren announced they’ve activated Meszaros from injured reserve and he’ll be in the lineup this afternoon against Boston. Meszaros has missed 21 games this season with a bum shoulder and the depths the team has had to go to cover for injured and ineffective players have hurt their performance.
While the team is in ninth place in the Eastern Conference they haven’t had issues scoring goals, but rather in keeping teams off the board themselves. You don’t have to look any further than their game Thursday night against Pittsburgh that saw them blow a 4-1 first period lead en route to an embarrassing 5-4 loss.
With players getting healthy and returning to the lineup, now is the time for the Flyers to prove what exactly they’ve got going on and whether or not it’s time for Holmgren to start making moves to get them into the postseason.
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 0
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 11
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 8
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 15
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 70
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 64
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)