Mar 9, 2013, 12:53 PM EST
The Flyers get some much needed help for their deplete defense this afternoon in the form of Andrej Meszaros.
Philly GM Paul Holmgren announced they’ve activated Meszaros from injured reserve and he’ll be in the lineup this afternoon against Boston. Meszaros has missed 21 games this season with a bum shoulder and the depths the team has had to go to cover for injured and ineffective players have hurt their performance.
While the team is in ninth place in the Eastern Conference they haven’t had issues scoring goals, but rather in keeping teams off the board themselves. You don’t have to look any further than their game Thursday night against Pittsburgh that saw them blow a 4-1 first period lead en route to an embarrassing 5-4 loss.
With players getting healthy and returning to the lineup, now is the time for the Flyers to prove what exactly they’ve got going on and whether or not it’s time for Holmgren to start making moves to get them into the postseason.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 9
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 48
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 20
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 36
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32