Mar 9, 2013, 12:15 PM EDT
The Devils haven’t had much in the way of injury problems on the blue line this season, but the injury bug has bitten.
Team captain Bryce Salvador will miss tonight’s game against Carolina with an upper body injury as Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice reports. With Salvador out, it opens the door for Adam Larsson to return to the lineup. The Devils currently have Henrik Tallinder is also on the shelf with a lower-body injury and Martin Brodeur is still laid up with an aching back.
Salvador had a consecutive games streak of 106 going strong before this setback. His streak goes back to the 2010-11 season when he missed a number of games with an inner-ear infection. His absence will hurt them tonight, however, having to deal with Alexander Semin and the Staal brothers.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)