Mar 9, 2013, 12:15 PM EST
The Devils haven’t had much in the way of injury problems on the blue line this season, but the injury bug has bitten.
Team captain Bryce Salvador will miss tonight’s game against Carolina with an upper body injury as Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice reports. With Salvador out, it opens the door for Adam Larsson to return to the lineup. The Devils currently have Henrik Tallinder is also on the shelf with a lower-body injury and Martin Brodeur is still laid up with an aching back.
Salvador had a consecutive games streak of 106 going strong before this setback. His streak goes back to the 2010-11 season when he missed a number of games with an inner-ear infection. His absence will hurt them tonight, however, having to deal with Alexander Semin and the Staal brothers.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 4
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 9
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 24
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11