Mar 9, 2013, 12:15 PM EDT
The Devils haven’t had much in the way of injury problems on the blue line this season, but the injury bug has bitten.
Team captain Bryce Salvador will miss tonight’s game against Carolina with an upper body injury as Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice reports. With Salvador out, it opens the door for Adam Larsson to return to the lineup. The Devils currently have Henrik Tallinder is also on the shelf with a lower-body injury and Martin Brodeur is still laid up with an aching back.
Salvador had a consecutive games streak of 106 going strong before this setback. His streak goes back to the 2010-11 season when he missed a number of games with an inner-ear infection. His absence will hurt them tonight, however, having to deal with Alexander Semin and the Staal brothers.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 1
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 4
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 34
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)