Mar 9, 2013, 12:15 PM EDT
The Devils haven’t had much in the way of injury problems on the blue line this season, but the injury bug has bitten.
Team captain Bryce Salvador will miss tonight’s game against Carolina with an upper body injury as Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice reports. With Salvador out, it opens the door for Adam Larsson to return to the lineup. The Devils currently have Henrik Tallinder is also on the shelf with a lower-body injury and Martin Brodeur is still laid up with an aching back.
Salvador had a consecutive games streak of 106 going strong before this setback. His streak goes back to the 2010-11 season when he missed a number of games with an inner-ear infection. His absence will hurt them tonight, however, having to deal with Alexander Semin and the Staal brothers.
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 4
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 27
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 27
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 25