Mar 9, 2013, 12:15 PM EDT
The Devils haven’t had much in the way of injury problems on the blue line this season, but the injury bug has bitten.
Team captain Bryce Salvador will miss tonight’s game against Carolina with an upper body injury as Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice reports. With Salvador out, it opens the door for Adam Larsson to return to the lineup. The Devils currently have Henrik Tallinder is also on the shelf with a lower-body injury and Martin Brodeur is still laid up with an aching back.
Salvador had a consecutive games streak of 106 going strong before this setback. His streak goes back to the 2010-11 season when he missed a number of games with an inner-ear infection. His absence will hurt them tonight, however, having to deal with Alexander Semin and the Staal brothers.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 40
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)