Mar 9, 2013, 5:32 PM EDT
What’s with the Columbus Blue Jackets these days?
The Blue Jackets, previously at the bottom of the Western Conference standings, have now won four games in a row, capping off this recent streak with a 3-0 victory over the Detroit Red Wings on Saturday.
Maybe the Chicago Blackhawks are out of the reach, but the win puts Columbus six points back of the Red Wings, who sit second in that Central Division.
Sergei Bobrovsky made 30 saves for the shutout.
On the other hand, the Red Wings came into Saturday with three wins in their last four games.
But they produced a “lethargic effort” against the Blue Jackets, wrote Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press.
The Red Wings also allowed two goals just 1:23 apart in the second period, despite giving up just six shots.
- Hitch needs ‘time to reflect’ before making decision on future 11
- Rutherford admits mistakes, but has support of Penguins ownership 6
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 32
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 37
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 26
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 10
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 31
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)