Mar 9, 2013, 5:32 PM EDT
What’s with the Columbus Blue Jackets these days?
The Blue Jackets, previously at the bottom of the Western Conference standings, have now won four games in a row, capping off this recent streak with a 3-0 victory over the Detroit Red Wings on Saturday.
Maybe the Chicago Blackhawks are out of the reach, but the win puts Columbus six points back of the Red Wings, who sit second in that Central Division.
Sergei Bobrovsky made 30 saves for the shutout.
On the other hand, the Red Wings came into Saturday with three wins in their last four games.
But they produced a “lethargic effort” against the Blue Jackets, wrote Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press.
The Red Wings also allowed two goals just 1:23 apart in the second period, despite giving up just six shots.
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 4
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 1
- Senators’ coach MacLean: Karlsson ‘wasn’t one of the best players’ 4
- Discuss: Penguins defeat Senators in Game 2; lead series 2-0 31
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators 76
- Torres won’t appeal suspension, Sharks call punishment ‘grossly unfair’ 9
- Flyers owner Snider: ‘I didn’t pick Bryz’ 60
- Sens’ MacLean, Ducks’ Boudreau, Hawks’ Quenneville are Jack Adams finalists 23
- Playoffs Tonight: ‘Pesky’ Sens fight to even series vs Pens 18
- Video: Vlasic’s controversial delay of game penalty 22
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Discuss: Penguins knock Islanders out of playoffs (99)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (80)
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness