Mar 9, 2013, 5:32 PM EDT
What’s with the Columbus Blue Jackets these days?
The Blue Jackets, previously at the bottom of the Western Conference standings, have now won four games in a row, capping off this recent streak with a 3-0 victory over the Detroit Red Wings on Saturday.
Maybe the Chicago Blackhawks are out of the reach, but the win puts Columbus six points back of the Red Wings, who sit second in that Central Division.
Sergei Bobrovsky made 30 saves for the shutout.
On the other hand, the Red Wings came into Saturday with three wins in their last four games.
But they produced a “lethargic effort” against the Blue Jackets, wrote Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press.
The Red Wings also allowed two goals just 1:23 apart in the second period, despite giving up just six shots.
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 12
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 19
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 29
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 5
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 15
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 2
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)