Mar 9, 2013, 5:32 PM EDT
What’s with the Columbus Blue Jackets these days?
The Blue Jackets, previously at the bottom of the Western Conference standings, have now won four games in a row, capping off this recent streak with a 3-0 victory over the Detroit Red Wings on Saturday.
Maybe the Chicago Blackhawks are out of the reach, but the win puts Columbus six points back of the Red Wings, who sit second in that Central Division.
Sergei Bobrovsky made 30 saves for the shutout.
On the other hand, the Red Wings came into Saturday with three wins in their last four games.
But they produced a “lethargic effort” against the Blue Jackets, wrote Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press.
The Red Wings also allowed two goals just 1:23 apart in the second period, despite giving up just six shots.
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 24
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 14
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 46
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 51
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 29
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10