Mar 9, 2013, 5:32 PM EDT
What’s with the Columbus Blue Jackets these days?
The Blue Jackets, previously at the bottom of the Western Conference standings, have now won four games in a row, capping off this recent streak with a 3-0 victory over the Detroit Red Wings on Saturday.
Maybe the Chicago Blackhawks are out of the reach, but the win puts Columbus six points back of the Red Wings, who sit second in that Central Division.
Sergei Bobrovsky made 30 saves for the shutout.
On the other hand, the Red Wings came into Saturday with three wins in their last four games.
But they produced a “lethargic effort” against the Blue Jackets, wrote Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press.
The Red Wings also allowed two goals just 1:23 apart in the second period, despite giving up just six shots.
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 1
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 2
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 25
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)