Mar 8, 2013, 12:14 PM EDT
After missing the last six games with a thigh injury, Cal Clutterbuck has been activated from IR and should rejoin the Minnesota lineup Saturday when the Wild take on the Predators in Nashville.
Clutterbuck, 25, was injured on a Taylor Hall knee-on-knee hit (or, knee-on-thigh) during a game in Edmonton on Feb. 21.
Prior to getting hurt, Clutterbuck had 2G-2A-4PTS in 16 games and led all Wild skaters in hits, with 49.
In other club news, the Wild recalled goalie Matt Hackett from AHL Houston.
Hackett, 23, briefly starred with the Wild last season, making his NHL debut and setting a league record for longest shutout streak to start a career (102:48).
He was named the NHL’s second star of the week on Dec. 12 and finished the season with a .922 save percentage and 2.37 GAA in 12 appearances.
To make room for Hackett, the Wild have placed their other AHL call-up netminder, Darcy Kuemper, on injured reserve.
The rookie has a 1-2-0 record in four appearances and has a .924 SV% and 2.22 GAA with the Wild this season, and will join fellow netminder Josh Harding on IR.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 67
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 32
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15