Mar 8, 2013, 12:14 PM EDT
After missing the last six games with a thigh injury, Cal Clutterbuck has been activated from IR and should rejoin the Minnesota lineup Saturday when the Wild take on the Predators in Nashville.
Clutterbuck, 25, was injured on a Taylor Hall knee-on-knee hit (or, knee-on-thigh) during a game in Edmonton on Feb. 21.
Prior to getting hurt, Clutterbuck had 2G-2A-4PTS in 16 games and led all Wild skaters in hits, with 49.
In other club news, the Wild recalled goalie Matt Hackett from AHL Houston.
Hackett, 23, briefly starred with the Wild last season, making his NHL debut and setting a league record for longest shutout streak to start a career (102:48).
He was named the NHL’s second star of the week on Dec. 12 and finished the season with a .922 save percentage and 2.37 GAA in 12 appearances.
To make room for Hackett, the Wild have placed their other AHL call-up netminder, Darcy Kuemper, on injured reserve.
The rookie has a 1-2-0 record in four appearances and has a .924 SV% and 2.22 GAA with the Wild this season, and will join fellow netminder Josh Harding on IR.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 13
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 42
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 33
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)