Mar 8, 2013, 12:14 PM EDT
After missing the last six games with a thigh injury, Cal Clutterbuck has been activated from IR and should rejoin the Minnesota lineup Saturday when the Wild take on the Predators in Nashville.
Clutterbuck, 25, was injured on a Taylor Hall knee-on-knee hit (or, knee-on-thigh) during a game in Edmonton on Feb. 21.
Prior to getting hurt, Clutterbuck had 2G-2A-4PTS in 16 games and led all Wild skaters in hits, with 49.
In other club news, the Wild recalled goalie Matt Hackett from AHL Houston.
Hackett, 23, briefly starred with the Wild last season, making his NHL debut and setting a league record for longest shutout streak to start a career (102:48).
He was named the NHL’s second star of the week on Dec. 12 and finished the season with a .922 save percentage and 2.37 GAA in 12 appearances.
To make room for Hackett, the Wild have placed their other AHL call-up netminder, Darcy Kuemper, on injured reserve.
The rookie has a 1-2-0 record in four appearances and has a .924 SV% and 2.22 GAA with the Wild this season, and will join fellow netminder Josh Harding on IR.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)