Mar 8, 2013, 12:14 PM EDT
After missing the last six games with a thigh injury, Cal Clutterbuck has been activated from IR and should rejoin the Minnesota lineup Saturday when the Wild take on the Predators in Nashville.
Clutterbuck, 25, was injured on a Taylor Hall knee-on-knee hit (or, knee-on-thigh) during a game in Edmonton on Feb. 21.
Prior to getting hurt, Clutterbuck had 2G-2A-4PTS in 16 games and led all Wild skaters in hits, with 49.
In other club news, the Wild recalled goalie Matt Hackett from AHL Houston.
Hackett, 23, briefly starred with the Wild last season, making his NHL debut and setting a league record for longest shutout streak to start a career (102:48).
He was named the NHL’s second star of the week on Dec. 12 and finished the season with a .922 save percentage and 2.37 GAA in 12 appearances.
To make room for Hackett, the Wild have placed their other AHL call-up netminder, Darcy Kuemper, on injured reserve.
The rookie has a 1-2-0 record in four appearances and has a .924 SV% and 2.22 GAA with the Wild this season, and will join fellow netminder Josh Harding on IR.
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 5
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 14
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 8
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 59
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 5
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 22
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 65
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- Play Video: Neil hits Murray below the belt
- Play Video: Morrow's goal up for review in Game 5
- Play Video: Phantom penalty called on Crosby
- Play Video: I was there: Bruins stun Maple Leafs in Game 7
- Play Video: Top-seeded Blackhawks on brink of elimination