Mar 8, 2013, 12:14 PM EST
After missing the last six games with a thigh injury, Cal Clutterbuck has been activated from IR and should rejoin the Minnesota lineup Saturday when the Wild take on the Predators in Nashville.
Clutterbuck, 25, was injured on a Taylor Hall knee-on-knee hit (or, knee-on-thigh) during a game in Edmonton on Feb. 21.
Prior to getting hurt, Clutterbuck had 2G-2A-4PTS in 16 games and led all Wild skaters in hits, with 49.
In other club news, the Wild recalled goalie Matt Hackett from AHL Houston.
Hackett, 23, briefly starred with the Wild last season, making his NHL debut and setting a league record for longest shutout streak to start a career (102:48).
He was named the NHL’s second star of the week on Dec. 12 and finished the season with a .922 save percentage and 2.37 GAA in 12 appearances.
To make room for Hackett, the Wild have placed their other AHL call-up netminder, Darcy Kuemper, on injured reserve.
The rookie has a 1-2-0 record in four appearances and has a .924 SV% and 2.22 GAA with the Wild this season, and will join fellow netminder Josh Harding on IR.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 85
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 96
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 7
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 180
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (179)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (96)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (89)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (87)