Mar 8, 2013, 7:30 PM EDT
Versteeg was hurt on Feb. 12. when he was hit into the boards by Washington’s Alex Ovechkin.
Versteeg returned to the game, and even fought Ovechkin, but the 26-year-old (who’d already missed five games with a groin injury) was clearly shaken up after the hit.
The Panthers were beaten badly last night in Washington. The 7-1 loss dropped their record to 7-12-5, the worst mark in the NHL.
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 0
- Selanne offers harsh criticism of Boudreau’s handling of him 8
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 15
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 21
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 22
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 51
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 22
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (51)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)