Mar 8, 2013, 7:30 PM EDT
Versteeg was hurt on Feb. 12. when he was hit into the boards by Washington’s Alex Ovechkin.
Versteeg returned to the game, and even fought Ovechkin, but the 26-year-old (who’d already missed five games with a groin injury) was clearly shaken up after the hit.
The Panthers were beaten badly last night in Washington. The 7-1 loss dropped their record to 7-12-5, the worst mark in the NHL.
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 3
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 2
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 14
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 33
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 5
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)