Mar 8, 2013, 7:30 PM EST
Versteeg was hurt on Feb. 12. when he was hit into the boards by Washington’s Alex Ovechkin.
Versteeg returned to the game, and even fought Ovechkin, but the 26-year-old (who’d already missed five games with a groin injury) was clearly shaken up after the hit.
The Panthers were beaten badly last night in Washington. The 7-1 loss dropped their record to 7-12-5, the worst mark in the NHL.
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 0
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 7
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 20
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56
- Eakins calls for patience in Edmonton, whether fans ‘like it or not’ 15
- Bruins have to ‘step up,’ starting tonight in Nashville 45