Mar 8, 2013, 7:30 PM EDT
Versteeg was hurt on Feb. 12. when he was hit into the boards by Washington’s Alex Ovechkin.
Versteeg returned to the game, and even fought Ovechkin, but the 26-year-old (who’d already missed five games with a groin injury) was clearly shaken up after the hit.
The Panthers were beaten badly last night in Washington. The 7-1 loss dropped their record to 7-12-5, the worst mark in the NHL.
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 0
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 47
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 72
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 11
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (136)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)