Mar 8, 2013, 11:42 AM EDT
Yesterday, we passed along news that Chicago Blackhawks forward Patrick Sharp would likely miss 2-3 weeks with an upper-body injury.
Today, the injury picture came more into focus — and it’s not good news for the ‘Hawks.
Sharp suffered a “fairly severe AC joint shoulder separation,” according to TSN’s James Duthie. It’s an injury that could sideline the 2011 All-Star for an entire month.
UPDATE: The Blackhawks have announced that Sharp will miss 3-4 weeks and that the injury won’t require surgery.
Sharp left the game immediately and didn’t return.
Following the contest, ‘Hawks head coach Joel Quenneville told reporters Sharp was expected to miss some time, but said the injury wasn’t season-threatening.
A three-time 30-goal scorer, Sharp has been a big part of Chicago’s remarkable 21-0-3 start to the season. He’s tied for third on the team in scoring, with 18 points, and is second among all skaters with 13 assists.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 2
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 12
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 53
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 19
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 16
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)