Mar 8, 2013, 11:42 AM EST
Yesterday, we passed along news that Chicago Blackhawks forward Patrick Sharp would likely miss 2-3 weeks with an upper-body injury.
Today, the injury picture came more into focus — and it’s not good news for the ‘Hawks.
Sharp suffered a “fairly severe AC joint shoulder separation,” according to TSN’s James Duthie. It’s an injury that could sideline the 2011 All-Star for an entire month.
UPDATE: The Blackhawks have announced that Sharp will miss 3-4 weeks and that the injury won’t require surgery.
Sharp left the game immediately and didn’t return.
Following the contest, ‘Hawks head coach Joel Quenneville told reporters Sharp was expected to miss some time, but said the injury wasn’t season-threatening.
A three-time 30-goal scorer, Sharp has been a big part of Chicago’s remarkable 21-0-3 start to the season. He’s tied for third on the team in scoring, with 18 points, and is second among all skaters with 13 assists.
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 0
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 36
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)