Mar 8, 2013, 11:42 AM EDT
Yesterday, we passed along news that Chicago Blackhawks forward Patrick Sharp would likely miss 2-3 weeks with an upper-body injury.
Today, the injury picture came more into focus — and it’s not good news for the ‘Hawks.
Sharp suffered a “fairly severe AC joint shoulder separation,” according to TSN’s James Duthie. It’s an injury that could sideline the 2011 All-Star for an entire month.
UPDATE: The Blackhawks have announced that Sharp will miss 3-4 weeks and that the injury won’t require surgery.
Sharp left the game immediately and didn’t return.
Following the contest, ‘Hawks head coach Joel Quenneville told reporters Sharp was expected to miss some time, but said the injury wasn’t season-threatening.
A three-time 30-goal scorer, Sharp has been a big part of Chicago’s remarkable 21-0-3 start to the season. He’s tied for third on the team in scoring, with 18 points, and is second among all skaters with 13 assists.
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 35
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 44
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 52
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Panthers re-sign Kulikov: three years, $13 million 6
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him 77
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M 58
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (57)