Mar 8, 2013, 10:45 PM EDT
Rick Nash scored Friday against the Ottawa Senators, giving him six goals in his last five games.
Prior to Feb. 28, he had scored just three times since the start of the regular season.
“At this stage in his career, as I said when we got (Nash), it’s perfect timing for the Rangers and for him to join us in this type of situation,” Rangers head coach John Tortorella told the Ottawa Sun prior to Friday’s game against the Senators.
“And he has a mindset that he accepts the responsibility.”
But it wasn’t enough, as the New York Rangers gave up a late third period goal in a 3-2 loss to the Senators.
The loss also halted the Rangers’ winning streak at four games.
The 32-year-old center scored in his return. It was his first goal since Jan. 26 – a span of 16 games.
Jun 30, 2015, 9:59 PM EDT
But this isn’t the first time such a scenario has been reported.
Jun 30, 2015, 9:33 PM EDT
San Jose acquired him from Boston earlier in the day.
Jun 30, 2015, 8:50 PM EDT
He was set to become a restricted free agent on Wednesday.
Jun 30, 2015, 8:27 PM EDT
Detroit’s creating an opportunity for one of its young forwards.
Jun 30, 2015, 8:06 PM EDT
Arizona is getting back its former center.
Jun 30, 2015, 8:04 PM EDT
He’s set to become a restricted free agent on Wednesday.
Jun 30, 2015, 7:36 PM EDT
He hasn’t been charged with a crime, but is reportedly being investigated.
Jun 30, 2015, 7:20 PM EDT
Its reportedly a one-way deal worth $800,000.
Jun 30, 2015, 6:50 PM EDT
The forward was a part of a seven-player trade on Tuesday.
Jun 30, 2015, 6:37 PM EDT
Won NHL’s coach of the year in 2013 with Ottawa.
Jun 30, 2015, 6:07 PM EDT
Where he’ll be reunited with former teammate Ryan Kesler.
Jun 30, 2015, 5:45 PM EDT
Calgary’s GM responded to comments in a Boston Herald story regarding defenseman Dougie Hamilton.
Jun 30, 2015, 5:25 PM EDT
A total of seven players involved in Tuesday’s trade.
Jun 30, 2015, 3:54 PM EDT
RFA defenseman appeared in a career-high 76 games last year.
Jun 30, 2015, 3:39 PM EDT
Rangers and Bruins let their respective rearguards walk, thereby deepening the free agent pool.
Jun 30, 2015, 3:15 PM EDT
So says his agent.
Jun 30, 2015, 2:41 PM EDT
Jun 30, 2015, 2:04 PM EDT
Cap hit around $5.75 million.
Jun 30, 2015, 1:31 PM EDT
Former first-round pick is relieved after a “stressful” last few days.
Jun 30, 2015, 1:30 PM EDT
Who might be interested?
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 0
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 31
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 19
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 82
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (82)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)