Mar 8, 2013, 10:45 PM EDT
Rick Nash scored Friday against the Ottawa Senators, giving him six goals in his last five games.
Prior to Feb. 28, he had scored just three times since the start of the regular season.
“At this stage in his career, as I said when we got (Nash), it’s perfect timing for the Rangers and for him to join us in this type of situation,” Rangers head coach John Tortorella told the Ottawa Sun prior to Friday’s game against the Senators.
“And he has a mindset that he accepts the responsibility.”
But it wasn’t enough, as the New York Rangers gave up a late third period goal in a 3-2 loss to the Senators.
The loss also halted the Rangers’ winning streak at four games.
The 32-year-old center scored in his return. It was his first goal since Jan. 26 – a span of 16 games.
Jun 3, 2015, 3:34 PM EDT
The dude from “The Daily Show” and the guy from “American Idol.”
Jun 3, 2015, 1:58 PM EDT
But he won’t play tonight.
Jun 3, 2015, 12:43 PM EDT
Unless Joel Quenneville goes to the line blender…
Jun 3, 2015, 12:42 PM EDT
Ryan Callahan has only scored once in the playoffs.
Jun 3, 2015, 11:45 AM EDT
Rahm Emanuel doesn’t care for Tampa Bay’s controversial ticket policy.
Jun 3, 2015, 11:36 AM EDT
Veteran has spent the last four years with the Arizona organization.
Jun 3, 2015, 11:18 AM EDT
Coin’s been good this postseason. Real good. But will it coin up on the big stage?
Jun 3, 2015, 11:05 AM EDT
Jun 3, 2015, 10:50 AM EDT
Anonymous donor has also been discharged and “is doing extremely well.”
Jun 3, 2015, 10:36 AM EDT
Jacob Markstrom continues to shine in the AHL.
Jun 3, 2015, 9:55 AM EDT
He felt Anaheim’s structure “went right out the window” towards the end of the Western Conference Final.
Jun 3, 2015, 9:01 AM EDT
He wasn’t talking about the first overall selection.
Jun 3, 2015, 8:08 AM EDT
Wednesday’s collection of links.
Jun 3, 2015, 1:15 AM EDT
He remains the front runner to fill the spot left by Mike Babcock.
Jun 3, 2015, 12:01 AM EDT
The club is also working on a deal for Andrej Sekera.
Jun 2, 2015, 10:30 PM EDT
The club is bringing in outside help to deal with the off-ice issues.
Jun 2, 2015, 9:30 PM EDT
He was given permission to explore other opportunities.
Jun 2, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
The defenseman signed a six-year, $33 million extension on Tuesday.
Jun 2, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT
His one-year contract is set to expire next month.
Jun 2, 2015, 6:19 PM EDT
He was set to become an unrestricted free agent next month.
- Kane, Toews may have toughest assignment yet in Hedman, Stralman 9
- Chicago mayor rips Lightning for being ‘afraid’ to sell tickets to Blackhawks fans 58
- PHT’s Stanley Cup Final picks, once again featuring The Coin 19
- Habs sign Petry to a six-year, $33 million extension 23
- ‘Home-grown talent’ a staple of Blackhawks and Lightning 7
- A holdover from the ‘dark days,’ does Sharp have a future in Chicago? 76
- Bishop: ‘Taller guys…can be just as athletic as the smaller guys’ 6
- Tire pump? Yzerman says Toews is ‘bigger, stronger, better’ than he was 25
- Devils officially announce John Hynes, becomes youngest NHL coach 12
- PHT arrives in Tampa, gets soaked (oh, and today is Media Day) 6
- ‘Hawks rise to occasion in Game 7, head to SCF for third time in six years (95)
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? (87)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- A holdover from the ‘dark days,’ does Sharp have a future in Chicago? (76)
- Is it fair to hold cap teams to old dynasty standards? (74)