Mar 8, 2013, 10:45 PM EDT
Rick Nash scored Friday against the Ottawa Senators, giving him six goals in his last five games.
Prior to Feb. 28, he had scored just three times since the start of the regular season.
“At this stage in his career, as I said when we got (Nash), it’s perfect timing for the Rangers and for him to join us in this type of situation,” Rangers head coach John Tortorella told the Ottawa Sun prior to Friday’s game against the Senators.
“And he has a mindset that he accepts the responsibility.”
But it wasn’t enough, as the New York Rangers gave up a late third period goal in a 3-2 loss to the Senators.
The loss also halted the Rangers’ winning streak at four games.
The 32-year-old center scored in his return. It was his first goal since Jan. 26 – a span of 16 games.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 3
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 20
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 81
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 79
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 0
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 17
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 16
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Stoll charged with cocaine possession, but not MDMA possession (82)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (81)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (79)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)