Mar 8, 2013, 10:50 AM EDT
Two games into a four-game suspension, Harry Zolnierczyk has been demoted from the Philadelphia Flyers to the club’s AHL affiliate in Adirondack.
Zolnierczyk, 25, was suspended after leveling Ottawa forward Mike Lundin during a game on Mar. 2.
While he’s still ineligible to play in NHL games, ‘Harry Z’ is cleared for participation in American Hockey League games, where he has 17 points and 54 PIM in 46 games for the Phantoms this year.
It’s unclear if Zolnierczyk will return to the Flyers lineup this season.
When asked, Philly GM Paul Holmgren said “when and whether he is recalled [to complete the suspension] will be dictated by the 23-man roster at that time.”
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 19
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5