Mar 8, 2013, 10:50 AM EDT
Two games into a four-game suspension, Harry Zolnierczyk has been demoted from the Philadelphia Flyers to the club’s AHL affiliate in Adirondack.
Zolnierczyk, 25, was suspended after leveling Ottawa forward Mike Lundin during a game on Mar. 2.
While he’s still ineligible to play in NHL games, ‘Harry Z’ is cleared for participation in American Hockey League games, where he has 17 points and 54 PIM in 46 games for the Phantoms this year.
It’s unclear if Zolnierczyk will return to the Flyers lineup this season.
When asked, Philly GM Paul Holmgren said “when and whether he is recalled [to complete the suspension] will be dictated by the 23-man roster at that time.”
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 4
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 60
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 24
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 64
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1