Mar 8, 2013, 10:50 AM EST
Two games into a four-game suspension, Harry Zolnierczyk has been demoted from the Philadelphia Flyers to the club’s AHL affiliate in Adirondack.
Zolnierczyk, 25, was suspended after leveling Ottawa forward Mike Lundin during a game on Mar. 2.
While he’s still ineligible to play in NHL games, ‘Harry Z’ is cleared for participation in American Hockey League games, where he has 17 points and 54 PIM in 46 games for the Phantoms this year.
It’s unclear if Zolnierczyk will return to the Flyers lineup this season.
When asked, Philly GM Paul Holmgren said “when and whether he is recalled [to complete the suspension] will be dictated by the 23-man roster at that time.”
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 27
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 14
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 83
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 4
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (83)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)