Mar 8, 2013, 10:50 AM EDT
Two games into a four-game suspension, Harry Zolnierczyk has been demoted from the Philadelphia Flyers to the club’s AHL affiliate in Adirondack.
Zolnierczyk, 25, was suspended after leveling Ottawa forward Mike Lundin during a game on Mar. 2.
While he’s still ineligible to play in NHL games, ‘Harry Z’ is cleared for participation in American Hockey League games, where he has 17 points and 54 PIM in 46 games for the Phantoms this year.
It’s unclear if Zolnierczyk will return to the Flyers lineup this season.
When asked, Philly GM Paul Holmgren said “when and whether he is recalled [to complete the suspension] will be dictated by the 23-man roster at that time.”
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 9
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 9
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 59
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 59
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)