Mar 8, 2013, 10:50 AM EDT
Two games into a four-game suspension, Harry Zolnierczyk has been demoted from the Philadelphia Flyers to the club’s AHL affiliate in Adirondack.
Zolnierczyk, 25, was suspended after leveling Ottawa forward Mike Lundin during a game on Mar. 2.
While he’s still ineligible to play in NHL games, ‘Harry Z’ is cleared for participation in American Hockey League games, where he has 17 points and 54 PIM in 46 games for the Phantoms this year.
It’s unclear if Zolnierczyk will return to the Flyers lineup this season.
When asked, Philly GM Paul Holmgren said “when and whether he is recalled [to complete the suspension] will be dictated by the 23-man roster at that time.”
- Letang banged up by Doan hit 0
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 0
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- The King is back: Lundqvist starts for Rangers Saturday 8
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)