Mar 8, 2013, 1:31 PM EDT
Last night in Washington, Panthers defenseman Tyson Strachan was assessed a five-minute major and game misconduct for interference after crushing Capitals forward Jason Chimera with a late, open-ice hit in the neutral zone.
According to CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley, Strachan will not face a disciplinary hearing for the check.
Chimera was able to keep playing in Washington’s 7-1 victory, the lack of serious injury perhaps serving as a factor in the league’s decision.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 39
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 60
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1