Mar 8, 2013, 1:31 PM EDT
Last night in Washington, Panthers defenseman Tyson Strachan was assessed a five-minute major and game misconduct for interference after crushing Capitals forward Jason Chimera with a late, open-ice hit in the neutral zone.
According to CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley, Strachan will not face a disciplinary hearing for the check.
Chimera was able to keep playing in Washington’s 7-1 victory, the lack of serious injury perhaps serving as a factor in the league’s decision.
- Flames sign Devin Setoguchi 1
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 11
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33