Mar 8, 2013, 3:35 PM EDT
It definitely wasn’t a concussion.
Hossa will play in tonight’s rematch with the Avalanche in Denver.
The 34-year-old that suffered a serious concussion in last year’s playoffs also expressed surprise when told that, whenever he sits out with an upper-body injury and there are no further details provided, there’s speculation he’s dealing with concussion issues.
“That’s what they’re saying?” said Hossa, per the Chicago Sun-Times. “I never thought about it. That’s news to me.”
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 57
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 21
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 23
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming