Mar 8, 2013, 2:49 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers (8-10-5) will be without forward Ales Hemsky tonight in Nashville when they attempt to snap a four-game losing streak.
Hemsky — the team’s top sniper, with eight goals in 23 games — hurt his right foot blocking a shot in yesterday’s 3-0 defeat in Detroit.
Oilers coach Ralph Krueger called Hemsky’s injury a “day-to-day situation,” saying the foot isn’t broken, merely bruised.
Edmonton is in the midst of a nine-game road trip. So far, the Oilers are 1-3-2 on the journey. They finish with games in Chicago Sunday and Colorado Tuesday.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)