Mar 8, 2013, 2:49 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers (8-10-5) will be without forward Ales Hemsky tonight in Nashville when they attempt to snap a four-game losing streak.
Hemsky — the team’s top sniper, with eight goals in 23 games — hurt his right foot blocking a shot in yesterday’s 3-0 defeat in Detroit.
Oilers coach Ralph Krueger called Hemsky’s injury a “day-to-day situation,” saying the foot isn’t broken, merely bruised.
Edmonton is in the midst of a nine-game road trip. So far, the Oilers are 1-3-2 on the journey. They finish with games in Chicago Sunday and Colorado Tuesday.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 0
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 11
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 18
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 13
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 7
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)