Mar 8, 2013, 2:49 PM EST
The Edmonton Oilers (8-10-5) will be without forward Ales Hemsky tonight in Nashville when they attempt to snap a four-game losing streak.
Hemsky — the team’s top sniper, with eight goals in 23 games — hurt his right foot blocking a shot in yesterday’s 3-0 defeat in Detroit.
Oilers coach Ralph Krueger called Hemsky’s injury a “day-to-day situation,” saying the foot isn’t broken, merely bruised.
Edmonton is in the midst of a nine-game road trip. So far, the Oilers are 1-3-2 on the journey. They finish with games in Chicago Sunday and Colorado Tuesday.
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 13
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 6
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 20
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 46
- Video: ‘The message is not being heard’ when it comes to illegal hits, suspensions 52
- Video: Kunitz collides with Rangers’ goalie Lundqvist in overtime (Updated) 54
- Discuss: Penguins outlast Rangers in the shootout on NBCSN Rivalry Night 43
- Video: Jagr passes Yzerman for eighth on NHL goals list 12
- Wild put Harding on IR to undergo change in MS treatment 16
- Nonis: I’m not firing Carlyle 15
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)