Mar 8, 2013, 2:49 PM EST
The Edmonton Oilers (8-10-5) will be without forward Ales Hemsky tonight in Nashville when they attempt to snap a four-game losing streak.
Hemsky — the team’s top sniper, with eight goals in 23 games — hurt his right foot blocking a shot in yesterday’s 3-0 defeat in Detroit.
Oilers coach Ralph Krueger called Hemsky’s injury a “day-to-day situation,” saying the foot isn’t broken, merely bruised.
Edmonton is in the midst of a nine-game road trip. So far, the Oilers are 1-3-2 on the journey. They finish with games in Chicago Sunday and Colorado Tuesday.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 13
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 19
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)