Mar 8, 2013, 2:49 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers (8-10-5) will be without forward Ales Hemsky tonight in Nashville when they attempt to snap a four-game losing streak.
Hemsky — the team’s top sniper, with eight goals in 23 games — hurt his right foot blocking a shot in yesterday’s 3-0 defeat in Detroit.
Oilers coach Ralph Krueger called Hemsky’s injury a “day-to-day situation,” saying the foot isn’t broken, merely bruised.
Edmonton is in the midst of a nine-game road trip. So far, the Oilers are 1-3-2 on the journey. They finish with games in Chicago Sunday and Colorado Tuesday.
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 19
- Everything happens: Ovechkin nails Tavares, Isles score 17
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 17
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 33
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 57
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)