Mar 8, 2013, 1:31 PM EST
The Bruins will have a new look on Saturday against Philadelphia as forward Chris Bourque will be replaced on the active roster by Jordan Caron.
Bourque cleared waivers on Friday and was assigned to AHL Providence, allowing the B’s to recall Caron.
Caron, 22, was Boston’s first-round selection (25th overall) at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft. He’s spent the last two seasons going up and down between Boston and Providence, setting NHL career highs last season in games (48), goals (seven), assists (eight) and points (15).
The line has struggled mightily this year — especially Kelly, who has one goal in 21 games with a minus-7 rating — and the hope is that a Caron-for-Bourque switch will spark the unit.
“Obviously Bourque is a great player. Rich and I want to succeed,” Kelly told CSNNE. “We wanted to succeed with Bourque and we want to succeed with every player on our line.
“For some reason the bounces weren’t going in, and when it rains it pours.”
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 3
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 11
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 18
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)