Mar 8, 2013, 10:51 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks’ streak of 24 games without a regulation defeat to begin the 2013 season is in serious jeopardy tonight.
The Blackhawks trail the Colorado Avalanche 5-1 heading into the third period.
Also at risk of ending tonight is their streak of 30 straight regular season games without a regulation loss, which actually dates back to last March.
The Avalanche exploded for four goals in the second period, taking complete control of what was a 1-1 hockey game after 20 minutes.
Jonathan Toews opened the scoring, but since then the Avalanche have come back with five goals of their own.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 0
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 20
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 40
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)