Mar 8, 2013, 10:51 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks’ streak of 24 games without a regulation defeat to begin the 2013 season is in serious jeopardy tonight.
The Blackhawks trail the Colorado Avalanche 5-1 heading into the third period.
Also at risk of ending tonight is their streak of 30 straight regular season games without a regulation loss, which actually dates back to last March.
The Avalanche exploded for four goals in the second period, taking complete control of what was a 1-1 hockey game after 20 minutes.
Jonathan Toews opened the scoring, but since then the Avalanche have come back with five goals of their own.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 18
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 62
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 8
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 31
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)