Mar 8, 2013, 10:51 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks’ streak of 24 games without a regulation defeat to begin the 2013 season is in serious jeopardy tonight.
The Blackhawks trail the Colorado Avalanche 5-1 heading into the third period.
Also at risk of ending tonight is their streak of 30 straight regular season games without a regulation loss, which actually dates back to last March.
The Avalanche exploded for four goals in the second period, taking complete control of what was a 1-1 hockey game after 20 minutes.
Jonathan Toews opened the scoring, but since then the Avalanche have come back with five goals of their own.
- Report: Lightning prospect Jonathan Drouin out with upper body injury 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 0
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 10
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 16
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 25
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)