Mar 8, 2013, 10:51 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks’ streak of 24 games without a regulation defeat to begin the 2013 season is in serious jeopardy tonight.
The Blackhawks trail the Colorado Avalanche 5-1 heading into the third period.
Also at risk of ending tonight is their streak of 30 straight regular season games without a regulation loss, which actually dates back to last March.
The Avalanche exploded for four goals in the second period, taking complete control of what was a 1-1 hockey game after 20 minutes.
Jonathan Toews opened the scoring, but since then the Avalanche have come back with five goals of their own.
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 37
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 27
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 75
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 20
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 29
- Video: Fight erupts between Penguins and Capitals inside Pittsburgh’s bench 40
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (75)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)