Mar 8, 2013, 10:51 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks’ streak of 24 games without a regulation defeat to begin the 2013 season is in serious jeopardy tonight.
The Blackhawks trail the Colorado Avalanche 5-1 heading into the third period.
Also at risk of ending tonight is their streak of 30 straight regular season games without a regulation loss, which actually dates back to last March.
The Avalanche exploded for four goals in the second period, taking complete control of what was a 1-1 hockey game after 20 minutes.
Jonathan Toews opened the scoring, but since then the Avalanche have come back with five goals of their own.
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 0
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 12
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 15
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 26
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 23
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)