Mar 8, 2013, 2:45 PM EDT
The former No. 1 overall pick hasn’t played since a 3-2 OT loss to Phoenix on Feb. 11, during which he was concussed on a hit by Coyotes forward Martin Hanzal.
Johnson, 24, received medical clearance earlier this week and was activated from injured reserve yesterday.
His return will be a welcome one for Colorado.
Johnson led all Avs defensemen in scoring a year ago, with 26 points, and was averaging over 21 minutes per game prior to getting hurt.
The 6-foot-4, 230 pound rearguard will reportedly replace Tyson Barrie in the lineup.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 11
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)