Mar 7, 2013, 11:19 PM EST
The Florida Panthers lost badly 7-1 to the Washington Capitals on Thursday, and Tyson Strachan might end up losing a game check or more.
He was handed a game misconduct and five-minute major penalty for this check on Caps winger Jason Chimera:
The good news is that Chimera returned to action following the hit (although he did make a trip to Washington’s dressing room), according to CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley.
Either way, there’s a chance that Strachan, 28, might hear from the league for that hit.
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 2
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 19
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 27
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 9
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 35
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)