Mar 7, 2013, 11:19 PM EDT
The Florida Panthers lost badly 7-1 to the Washington Capitals on Thursday, and Tyson Strachan might end up losing a game check or more.
He was handed a game misconduct and five-minute major penalty for this check on Caps winger Jason Chimera:
The good news is that Chimera returned to action following the hit (although he did make a trip to Washington’s dressing room), according to CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley.
Either way, there’s a chance that Strachan, 28, might hear from the league for that hit.
- Letang banged up by Doan hit 0
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 0
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- The King is back: Lundqvist starts for Rangers Saturday 8
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)