Mar 7, 2013, 1:24 AM EDT
There wasn’t too much to like about the San Jose Sharks’ 4-1 loss to the Calgary Flames Wednesday night.
Based on the comments of Sharks defenseman Dan Boyle, there wasn’t anything to like it about, actually. No positives, nothing.
The Sharks gave up three third periods goals – Blake Comeau and Jarome Iginla scored less than two minutes apart early in the period – and failed to build on any momentum they may have gained from a 3-2 shootout win over the Vancouver Canucks on Tuesday night.
A win, and that would’ve given San Jose Sharks three in a row to begin March. Since the start of February, the Sharks now have just four wins in their last 15 games.
But, as Kevin Kurz from CSN Bay Area put it: “The Sharks were sloppy for nearly the entire game…”
- Selanne offers harsh criticism of Boudreau’s handling of him 0
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 7
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 9
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 19
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 19
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 22
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 51
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 22
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (51)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)