Mar 7, 2013, 1:24 AM EDT
There wasn’t too much to like about the San Jose Sharks’ 4-1 loss to the Calgary Flames Wednesday night.
Based on the comments of Sharks defenseman Dan Boyle, there wasn’t anything to like it about, actually. No positives, nothing.
The Sharks gave up three third periods goals – Blake Comeau and Jarome Iginla scored less than two minutes apart early in the period – and failed to build on any momentum they may have gained from a 3-2 shootout win over the Vancouver Canucks on Tuesday night.
A win, and that would’ve given San Jose Sharks three in a row to begin March. Since the start of February, the Sharks now have just four wins in their last 15 games.
But, as Kevin Kurz from CSN Bay Area put it: “The Sharks were sloppy for nearly the entire game…”
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 33
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 11
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 34
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)