Mar 7, 2013, 1:24 AM EDT
There wasn’t too much to like about the San Jose Sharks’ 4-1 loss to the Calgary Flames Wednesday night.
Based on the comments of Sharks defenseman Dan Boyle, there wasn’t anything to like it about, actually. No positives, nothing.
The Sharks gave up three third periods goals – Blake Comeau and Jarome Iginla scored less than two minutes apart early in the period – and failed to build on any momentum they may have gained from a 3-2 shootout win over the Vancouver Canucks on Tuesday night.
A win, and that would’ve given San Jose Sharks three in a row to begin March. Since the start of February, the Sharks now have just four wins in their last 15 games.
But, as Kevin Kurz from CSN Bay Area put it: “The Sharks were sloppy for nearly the entire game…”
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5