Mar 7, 2013, 1:24 AM EST
There wasn’t too much to like about the San Jose Sharks’ 4-1 loss to the Calgary Flames Wednesday night.
Based on the comments of Sharks defenseman Dan Boyle, there wasn’t anything to like it about, actually. No positives, nothing.
The Sharks gave up three third periods goals - Blake Comeau and Jarome Iginla scored less than two minutes apart early in the period – and failed to build on any momentum they may have gained from a 3-2 shootout win over the Vancouver Canucks on Tuesday night.
A win, and that would’ve given San Jose Sharks three in a row to begin March. Since the start of February, the Sharks now have just four wins in their last 15 games.
But, as Kevin Kurz from CSN Bay Area put it: “The Sharks were sloppy for nearly the entire game…”
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 0
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 20
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 40
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)