Mar 7, 2013, 10:20 PM EST
The Boston Bruins might add Swedish Elite League forward Carl Soderberg to their mix once that overseas league’s playoffs are over, TSN’s Darren Dreger reports.
Soderberg, 27, has 31 goals (first in the SEL) and 60 points (second overall) in 54 games for Linkopings HC.
The St. Louis Blues drafted him 49th overall in 2004, but an eye injury set him back in 2006-07. His rights were sent to the Bruins in exchange for Hannu Toivonen in July 2007.
From the sound of things, good work in a brief Boston jaunt could be quite lucrative for Soderberg.
CAA’s JP Barry describes Soderberg as the best player in Sweden and expects tons of NHL interest if Bruins let him go to free agency.
— Darren Dreger (@DarrenDreger) March 8, 2013
If nothing else, especially bored fans can kill some time giving him bad “Ocean’s Eleven” nicknames.
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 0
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 12
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 45
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 54
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (54)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)