Mar 7, 2013, 10:20 PM EST
The Boston Bruins might add Swedish Elite League forward Carl Soderberg to their mix once that overseas league’s playoffs are over, TSN’s Darren Dreger reports.
Soderberg, 27, has 31 goals (first in the SEL) and 60 points (second overall) in 54 games for Linkopings HC.
The St. Louis Blues drafted him 49th overall in 2004, but an eye injury set him back in 2006-07. His rights were sent to the Bruins in exchange for Hannu Toivonen in July 2007.
From the sound of things, good work in a brief Boston jaunt could be quite lucrative for Soderberg.
CAA’s JP Barry describes Soderberg as the best player in Sweden and expects tons of NHL interest if Bruins let him go to free agency.
— Darren Dreger (@DarrenDreger) March 8, 2013
If nothing else, especially bored fans can kill some time giving him bad “Ocean’s Eleven” nicknames.
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 11
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (68)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)