Mar 7, 2013, 4:49 PM EDT
Brad Richards will miss his second straight game tonight when his Rangers visit the Islanders.
Richards — who was crosschecked into the boards from behind Sunday by Buffalo’s Patrick Kaleta (who was suspended five games for the play) — didn’t skate this morning; however, the 32-year-old center doesn’t expect to be out much longer.
“It’s not a long-term thing,” Richards said, per the Daily News. “I went in (to the boards) pretty hard. I’ve just got to let the body regroup a little bit here … Obviously, the neck and back are a little locked up.”
The Rangers, buoyed by the return of power forward Rick Nash, have won three straight.
The Isles have won two in a row themselves, including a 6-3 win over Montreal on Tuesday.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 70
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)