Mar 7, 2013, 4:49 PM EST
Brad Richards will miss his second straight game tonight when his Rangers visit the Islanders.
Richards — who was crosschecked into the boards from behind Sunday by Buffalo’s Patrick Kaleta (who was suspended five games for the play) — didn’t skate this morning; however, the 32-year-old center doesn’t expect to be out much longer.
“It’s not a long-term thing,” Richards said, per the Daily News. “I went in (to the boards) pretty hard. I’ve just got to let the body regroup a little bit here … Obviously, the neck and back are a little locked up.”
The Rangers, buoyed by the return of power forward Rick Nash, have won three straight.
The Isles have won two in a row themselves, including a 6-3 win over Montreal on Tuesday.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4