Mar 7, 2013, 4:49 PM EST
Brad Richards will miss his second straight game tonight when his Rangers visit the Islanders.
Richards — who was crosschecked into the boards from behind Sunday by Buffalo’s Patrick Kaleta (who was suspended five games for the play) — didn’t skate this morning; however, the 32-year-old center doesn’t expect to be out much longer.
“It’s not a long-term thing,” Richards said, per the Daily News. “I went in (to the boards) pretty hard. I’ve just got to let the body regroup a little bit here … Obviously, the neck and back are a little locked up.”
The Rangers, buoyed by the return of power forward Rick Nash, have won three straight.
The Isles have won two in a row themselves, including a 6-3 win over Montreal on Tuesday.
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 2
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 15
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14