Mar 7, 2013, 4:49 PM EST
Brad Richards will miss his second straight game tonight when his Rangers visit the Islanders.
Richards — who was crosschecked into the boards from behind Sunday by Buffalo’s Patrick Kaleta (who was suspended five games for the play) — didn’t skate this morning; however, the 32-year-old center doesn’t expect to be out much longer.
“It’s not a long-term thing,” Richards said, per the Daily News. “I went in (to the boards) pretty hard. I’ve just got to let the body regroup a little bit here … Obviously, the neck and back are a little locked up.”
The Rangers, buoyed by the return of power forward Rick Nash, have won three straight.
The Isles have won two in a row themselves, including a 6-3 win over Montreal on Tuesday.
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 30
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 35
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 15
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 36
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 80
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)