Mar 7, 2013, 4:49 PM EST
Brad Richards will miss his second straight game tonight when his Rangers visit the Islanders.
Richards — who was crosschecked into the boards from behind Sunday by Buffalo’s Patrick Kaleta (who was suspended five games for the play) — didn’t skate this morning; however, the 32-year-old center doesn’t expect to be out much longer.
“It’s not a long-term thing,” Richards said, per the Daily News. “I went in (to the boards) pretty hard. I’ve just got to let the body regroup a little bit here … Obviously, the neck and back are a little locked up.”
The Rangers, buoyed by the return of power forward Rick Nash, have won three straight.
The Isles have won two in a row themselves, including a 6-3 win over Montreal on Tuesday.
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 4
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 27
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)