Mar 7, 2013, 7:39 PM EDT
Jacob Markstrom’s chance to lay claim to the Florida Panthers’ starting goalie job got off to a great start on Tuesday, but a lousy Thursday against the Washington Capitals argues that he has a way to go.
The 23-year-old was pulled from Florida’s net after allowing two goals on two shots (something that happened to injured Panthers’ No. 1 guy Jose Theodore during his time with the Capitals, actually).
Before you place too much blame on Markstrom for the shaky beginning, things haven’t been much easier for Scott Clemmensen. As of this writing, the team’s backup has allowed two more tallies on just eight shots.
There’s plenty of time for the Panthers since the game’s only in the first period. So far, having more than 40 extra minutes doesn’t sound like a good thing, though.
Update: it wasn’t a good thing. The Capitals ended up winning 7-1. Check out all the goals in this post from CSNWashington.com.
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 8
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 37
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 89
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 4
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (171)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (89)