Mar 7, 2013, 12:23 AM EDT
Welcome back, Miikka Kiprusoff.
The Calgary Flames 36-year-old goaltender, who missed 13 games with a grade 2 MCL sprain, stopped 32 of the 33 shots he faced, including 17 in the final period, for his third win of the season.
“I’ve coached Patrick Roy,” Flames head coach Bob Hartley told the Calgary Herald prior to Wednesday’s game.
“I know that it was just not the same, as much as a coach does not want to admit it or even talk (about it). I never talked to my team and said, ‘Hey, we have Kipper back,’ (or) ‘We have Patrick Roy back.’ I already know that it’s in the players’ minds.
“It shouldn’t change your game. But I really believe that it does.”
The Flames offensive outburst to win the game came after a streaker took to the ice at Calgary’s Scotiabank Saddledome during the second intermission.
The streaker, unlike the one who fell on the ice and was taken off on a stretcher in 2002, was not completely naked.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 56
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)