Mar 7, 2013, 12:23 AM EDT
Welcome back, Miikka Kiprusoff.
The Calgary Flames 36-year-old goaltender, who missed 13 games with a grade 2 MCL sprain, stopped 32 of the 33 shots he faced, including 17 in the final period, for his third win of the season.
“I’ve coached Patrick Roy,” Flames head coach Bob Hartley told the Calgary Herald prior to Wednesday’s game.
“I know that it was just not the same, as much as a coach does not want to admit it or even talk (about it). I never talked to my team and said, ‘Hey, we have Kipper back,’ (or) ‘We have Patrick Roy back.’ I already know that it’s in the players’ minds.
“It shouldn’t change your game. But I really believe that it does.”
The Flames offensive outburst to win the game came after a streaker took to the ice at Calgary’s Scotiabank Saddledome during the second intermission.
The streaker, unlike the one who fell on the ice and was taken off on a stretcher in 2002, was not completely naked.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 28
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 111
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 79
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (111)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (79)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)