Mar 7, 2013, 12:23 AM EST
Welcome back, Miikka Kiprusoff.
The Calgary Flames 36-year-old goaltender, who missed 13 games with a grade 2 MCL sprain, stopped 32 of the 33 shots he faced, including 17 in the final period, for his third win of the season.
“I’ve coached Patrick Roy,” Flames head coach Bob Hartley told the Calgary Herald prior to Wednesday’s game.
“I know that it was just not the same, as much as a coach does not want to admit it or even talk (about it). I never talked to my team and said, ‘Hey, we have Kipper back,’ (or) ‘We have Patrick Roy back.’ I already know that it’s in the players’ minds.
“It shouldn’t change your game. But I really believe that it does.”
The Flames offensive outburst to win the game came after a streaker took to the ice at Calgary’s Scotiabank Saddledome during the second intermission.
The streaker, unlike the one who fell on the ice and was taken off on a stretcher in 2002, was not completely naked.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 33
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)