Mar 7, 2013, 3:26 PM EST
There’ll be a rare sight to behold tonight at the Prudential Center in New Jersey — just look towards Buffalo’s goal.
“We are playing things off of Ryan and how he was doing and felt this was a good opportunity to get Jhonas in there,” Sabres head coach Ron Rolston told NHL.com. “Jhonas has done a good job since I’ve been here working with Jim Corsi [goalie coach].
“Really, for him, practices are his games and we’ve had limited practice times but in those situations he’s certainly done a good job for us and merits an opportunity.”
Enroth, 24, has only made three appearances this year (two starts, one in relief) and hasn’t started since a 4-3 loss to Ottawa on Feb. 5.
Buffalo’s disparity in playing time this season is massive.
Miller has been in goal for over 90 percent of all minutes played and sits first in the NHL in shots faced — 723, nearly 150 more than the next highest on the list (Islanders netminder Evgeni Nabokov).
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 15
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 21
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 62
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 30
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17