Mar 7, 2013, 3:26 PM EDT
There’ll be a rare sight to behold tonight at the Prudential Center in New Jersey — just look towards Buffalo’s goal.
“We are playing things off of Ryan and how he was doing and felt this was a good opportunity to get Jhonas in there,” Sabres head coach Ron Rolston told NHL.com. “Jhonas has done a good job since I’ve been here working with Jim Corsi [goalie coach].
“Really, for him, practices are his games and we’ve had limited practice times but in those situations he’s certainly done a good job for us and merits an opportunity.”
Enroth, 24, has only made three appearances this year (two starts, one in relief) and hasn’t started since a 4-3 loss to Ottawa on Feb. 5.
Buffalo’s disparity in playing time this season is massive.
Miller has been in goal for over 90 percent of all minutes played and sits first in the NHL in shots faced — 723, nearly 150 more than the next highest on the list (Islanders netminder Evgeni Nabokov).
- Prust fined $5K for ‘baseless and demeaning’ Watson comments 11
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 41
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 21
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 15
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 65
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 26
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 9
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)