Mar 7, 2013, 3:26 PM EST
There’ll be a rare sight to behold tonight at the Prudential Center in New Jersey — just look towards Buffalo’s goal.
“We are playing things off of Ryan and how he was doing and felt this was a good opportunity to get Jhonas in there,” Sabres head coach Ron Rolston told NHL.com. “Jhonas has done a good job since I’ve been here working with Jim Corsi [goalie coach].
“Really, for him, practices are his games and we’ve had limited practice times but in those situations he’s certainly done a good job for us and merits an opportunity.”
Enroth, 24, has only made three appearances this year (two starts, one in relief) and hasn’t started since a 4-3 loss to Ottawa on Feb. 5.
Buffalo’s disparity in playing time this season is massive.
Miller has been in goal for over 90 percent of all minutes played and sits first in the NHL in shots faced — 723, nearly 150 more than the next highest on the list (Islanders netminder Evgeni Nabokov).
- In praise of the Hamburglar 3
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 4
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)