Mar 7, 2013, 3:26 PM EDT
There’ll be a rare sight to behold tonight at the Prudential Center in New Jersey — just look towards Buffalo’s goal.
“We are playing things off of Ryan and how he was doing and felt this was a good opportunity to get Jhonas in there,” Sabres head coach Ron Rolston told NHL.com. “Jhonas has done a good job since I’ve been here working with Jim Corsi [goalie coach].
“Really, for him, practices are his games and we’ve had limited practice times but in those situations he’s certainly done a good job for us and merits an opportunity.”
Enroth, 24, has only made three appearances this year (two starts, one in relief) and hasn’t started since a 4-3 loss to Ottawa on Feb. 5.
Buffalo’s disparity in playing time this season is massive.
Miller has been in goal for over 90 percent of all minutes played and sits first in the NHL in shots faced — 723, nearly 150 more than the next highest on the list (Islanders netminder Evgeni Nabokov).
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 12
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 6
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 34
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)