Mar 7, 2013, 3:26 PM EDT
There’ll be a rare sight to behold tonight at the Prudential Center in New Jersey — just look towards Buffalo’s goal.
“We are playing things off of Ryan and how he was doing and felt this was a good opportunity to get Jhonas in there,” Sabres head coach Ron Rolston told NHL.com. “Jhonas has done a good job since I’ve been here working with Jim Corsi [goalie coach].
“Really, for him, practices are his games and we’ve had limited practice times but in those situations he’s certainly done a good job for us and merits an opportunity.”
Enroth, 24, has only made three appearances this year (two starts, one in relief) and hasn’t started since a 4-3 loss to Ottawa on Feb. 5.
Buffalo’s disparity in playing time this season is massive.
Miller has been in goal for over 90 percent of all minutes played and sits first in the NHL in shots faced — 723, nearly 150 more than the next highest on the list (Islanders netminder Evgeni Nabokov).
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 0
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 12
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6