Mar 7, 2013, 12:31 PM EDT
Bourque, 27, is the son of Bruins legend Ray Bourque.
He was acquired by Boston last May and surprised some by making the Bruins roster out of abbreviated training camp — he’d only appeared in 33 games over the six seasons prior to joining the B’s, and hadn’t played an NHL game since 2010.
That said, Bourque was a pretty regular contributor for the B’s this season, appearing in 18 of Boston’s 20 games while recording 1G-3A-4PTS and averaging over 12 minutes per contest.
(Of course, he also had a minus-6 rating and only played 7:17 and 8:55 in his last two games.)
This move shouldn’t come as a huge surprise for Bourque or Bruins fans.
Yesterday, CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty suggested changes might be coming for the disappointing third line of Chris Kelly, Rich Peverley and Bourque, who were “far from good” in Tuesday’s 4-3 OT loss to Washington.
“We’ve got a lot of guys now that need to be better for us, and that’s something we can all see,” head coach Claude Julien said. “Kelly was on the ice for three goals, one of which was that face-off play when he’s out there with [Patrice] Bergeron. But somehow if you’re not going to produce you need to be able to at least keep the puck out of your own net.
“Right now we’re not getting either from that line, so it’s a concern that we need to look at.”
Jul 5, 2015, 8:06 PM EDT
He was bought out by Carolina last week.
Jul 5, 2015, 7:00 PM EDT
He’ll make $650,000 at the NHL level and $250,000 in the AHL.
Jul 5, 2015, 6:00 PM EDT
Hearings will take place in Toronto from July 20 to August 4
Jul 5, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
It’s reportedly a two-way contract worth $600,000.
Jul 5, 2015, 3:55 PM EDT
The deal will reportedly pay him $4.1 million next season.
Jul 5, 2015, 3:08 PM EDT
His peak came in 2013-14: 19 goals, 51 points.
Jul 5, 2015, 2:20 PM EDT
Perhaps Blue Jackets prospects can learn from his scrappy ways.
Jul 5, 2015, 1:47 PM EDT
Some depth for the Bolts.
Jul 5, 2015, 12:31 PM EDT
He shared his story (and struggles) this past week.
Jul 5, 2015, 12:03 PM EDT
It may leave them in a “cap vise.”
Jul 5, 2015, 10:49 AM EDT
That doesn’t guarantee that a hearing would take place, though.
Jul 5, 2015, 9:36 AM EDT
Brandon Dubinsky is the latest to pipe up.
Jul 4, 2015, 11:20 PM EDT
Vancouver started its development camp this weekend.
Jul 4, 2015, 10:10 PM EDT
His offensive totals were down, but was regularly used on penalty kill.
Jul 4, 2015, 8:40 PM EDT
Spent most of the 2014-15 season in the OHL.
Jul 4, 2015, 7:10 PM EDT
They had agreed to terms last weekend.
Jul 4, 2015, 5:40 PM EDT
Played 37 games with Edmonton last season before getting sent back to the WHL.
Jul 4, 2015, 4:10 PM EDT
He signed with Pittsburgh on Wednesday.
Jul 4, 2015, 2:57 PM EDT
Both received two-way deals.
Jul 4, 2015, 2:01 PM EDT
Will he make the 2015-16 Flyers?
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 9
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)