Mar 7, 2013, 12:31 PM EST
Bourque, 27, is the son of Bruins legend Ray Bourque.
He was acquired by Boston last May and surprised some by making the Bruins roster out of abbreviated training camp — he’d only appeared in 33 games over the six seasons prior to joining the B’s, and hadn’t played an NHL game since 2010.
That said, Bourque was a pretty regular contributor for the B’s this season, appearing in 18 of Boston’s 20 games while recording 1G-3A-4PTS and averaging over 12 minutes per contest.
(Of course, he also had a minus-6 rating and only played 7:17 and 8:55 in his last two games.)
This move shouldn’t come as a huge surprise for Bourque or Bruins fans.
Yesterday, CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty suggested changes might be coming for the disappointing third line of Chris Kelly, Rich Peverley and Bourque, who were “far from good” in Tuesday’s 4-3 OT loss to Washington.
“We’ve got a lot of guys now that need to be better for us, and that’s something we can all see,” head coach Claude Julien said. “Kelly was on the ice for three goals, one of which was that face-off play when he’s out there with [Patrice] Bergeron. But somehow if you’re not going to produce you need to be able to at least keep the puck out of your own net.
“Right now we’re not getting either from that line, so it’s a concern that we need to look at.”
Jan 27, 2015, 12:30 AM EST
Latvia could soon have another NHLer to cheer for.
Jan 26, 2015, 11:30 PM EST
The Isles have won both meetings this season.
Jan 26, 2015, 10:25 PM EST
He’s missed 13 games recovering from surgery on his fractured left wrist.
Jan 26, 2015, 9:30 PM EST
Several players had to make alternate arrangements leaving the All-Star Game.
Jan 26, 2015, 8:35 PM EST
Expected to play Wednesday against the Leafs
Jan 26, 2015, 7:30 PM EST
He’s a repeat offender.
Jan 26, 2015, 7:10 PM EST
Teams have till noon eastern time Tuesday to place a claim on the forward.
Jan 26, 2015, 6:16 PM EST
The Avalanche are trying to claw their way into the playoffs.
Jan 26, 2015, 5:52 PM EST
Minnesota had three healthy goaltenders on its roster.
Jan 26, 2015, 4:59 PM EST
Who will play this week?
Jan 26, 2015, 4:22 PM EST
This might be the result of fighting in back-to-back games.
Jan 26, 2015, 3:31 PM EST
Will Mikhail Grabovski step up?
Jan 26, 2015, 3:12 PM EST
The post-All-Star Game portion of the season isn’t starting any better for Buffalo.
Jan 26, 2015, 2:21 PM EST
He’s been overseeing co-coaches Adam Oates and Scott Stevens.
Jan 26, 2015, 1:30 PM EST
He didn’t end up playing in the All-Star Game.
Jan 26, 2015, 12:31 PM EST
Remember, the club opted not to amnesty his contract last June.
Jan 26, 2015, 12:23 PM EST
Canucks will give Frank Corrado a chance to show what he can do.
Jan 26, 2015, 12:12 PM EST
Columbus’ star center is having a nice little run at the moment.
Jan 26, 2015, 12:05 PM EST
They also summoned Josh Anderson.
Jan 26, 2015, 11:23 AM EST
“Everybody felt like I just want a car to drive it.”
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 40
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 117
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (117)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)