Mar 7, 2013, 12:31 PM EDT
Bourque, 27, is the son of Bruins legend Ray Bourque.
He was acquired by Boston last May and surprised some by making the Bruins roster out of abbreviated training camp — he’d only appeared in 33 games over the six seasons prior to joining the B’s, and hadn’t played an NHL game since 2010.
That said, Bourque was a pretty regular contributor for the B’s this season, appearing in 18 of Boston’s 20 games while recording 1G-3A-4PTS and averaging over 12 minutes per contest.
(Of course, he also had a minus-6 rating and only played 7:17 and 8:55 in his last two games.)
This move shouldn’t come as a huge surprise for Bourque or Bruins fans.
Yesterday, CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty suggested changes might be coming for the disappointing third line of Chris Kelly, Rich Peverley and Bourque, who were “far from good” in Tuesday’s 4-3 OT loss to Washington.
“We’ve got a lot of guys now that need to be better for us, and that’s something we can all see,” head coach Claude Julien said. “Kelly was on the ice for three goals, one of which was that face-off play when he’s out there with [Patrice] Bergeron. But somehow if you’re not going to produce you need to be able to at least keep the puck out of your own net.
“Right now we’re not getting either from that line, so it’s a concern that we need to look at.”
Jul 30, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
The former general manager “wasn’t prepared to make the changes that needed to be made.”
Jul 30, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Thursday’s collection of links.
Jul 29, 2015, 10:40 PM EDT
He played in 502 games, primarily with the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Jul 29, 2015, 9:12 PM EDT
The 24-year-old gives agreed to an entry-level deal.
Jul 29, 2015, 7:49 PM EDT
Will he live up to his next contract?
Jul 29, 2015, 6:27 PM EDT
“It really wasn’t about Dainius himself.”
Jul 29, 2015, 4:57 PM EDT
His collection can be had for $5.7 million.
Jul 29, 2015, 3:31 PM EDT
The contest will air on Dec. 31 while the Classic itself is scheduled for 1:00 p.m. ET on Jan. 1.
Jul 29, 2015, 2:28 PM EDT
Staying healthy would help, too.
Jul 29, 2015, 1:22 PM EDT
The Seal Beach Detention Center isn’t exactly Shawshank.
Jul 29, 2015, 1:03 PM EDT
“I relaxed down there and came back with the same attitude and everything kind of took care of itself.”
Jul 29, 2015, 12:34 PM EDT
Veteran forward had just four goals and six assists in 74 games last season.
Jul 29, 2015, 11:58 AM EDT
“So hopefully it’s nothing that keeps coming back.”
Jul 29, 2015, 11:09 AM EDT
Can he give the Oilers the goaltending they so badly need?
Jul 29, 2015, 10:21 AM EDT
The 26-year-old goalie is coming off a tough season.
Jul 29, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
Spent last season with Lugano in the Swiss League.
Jul 29, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Y’know, everyday stuff.
Jul 28, 2015, 10:30 PM EDT
Jul 28, 2015, 9:38 PM EDT
Potentially a move to Switzerland, or the Czech League.
Jul 28, 2015, 8:39 PM EDT
Returning him to Rochester for a third time.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 40
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)