Mar 7, 2013, 10:45 PM EST
It sounds like rugged Columbus Blue Jackets forward Derek Dorsett is done for the 2013 season.
The 26-year-old winger suffered a broken clavicle during Thursday’s 2-1 overtime win against the Vancouver Canucks, the Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline reports.
Word is that Dorsett was probably injured after being “blasted” in the goalmouth area by Canucks defenseman Andrew Alberts, according to Shawn Mitchell (also of the Dispatch).
The Blue Jackets’ tough guy has seen his role increase this season after setting a career-high with 20 points in 2011-12. Dorsett had a solid nine points in 23 games and has averaged a career-high 16:40 minutes per game going into Thursday.
In other words, this is a bigger loss for Columbus than it would be in other seasons.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 20
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 27
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 6
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)