Mar 7, 2013, 10:45 PM EDT
It sounds like rugged Columbus Blue Jackets forward Derek Dorsett is done for the 2013 season.
The 26-year-old winger suffered a broken clavicle during Thursday’s 2-1 overtime win against the Vancouver Canucks, the Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline reports.
Word is that Dorsett was probably injured after being “blasted” in the goalmouth area by Canucks defenseman Andrew Alberts, according to Shawn Mitchell (also of the Dispatch).
The Blue Jackets’ tough guy has seen his role increase this season after setting a career-high with 20 points in 2011-12. Dorsett had a solid nine points in 23 games and has averaged a career-high 16:40 minutes per game going into Thursday.
In other words, this is a bigger loss for Columbus than it would be in other seasons.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 5
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 104
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 53
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 17
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63