Mar 7, 2013, 10:45 PM EDT
It sounds like rugged Columbus Blue Jackets forward Derek Dorsett is done for the 2013 season.
The 26-year-old winger suffered a broken clavicle during Thursday’s 2-1 overtime win against the Vancouver Canucks, the Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline reports.
Word is that Dorsett was probably injured after being “blasted” in the goalmouth area by Canucks defenseman Andrew Alberts, according to Shawn Mitchell (also of the Dispatch).
The Blue Jackets’ tough guy has seen his role increase this season after setting a career-high with 20 points in 2011-12. Dorsett had a solid nine points in 23 games and has averaged a career-high 16:40 minutes per game going into Thursday.
In other words, this is a bigger loss for Columbus than it would be in other seasons.
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 21
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 39
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 92
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (92)