Mar 7, 2013, 7:03 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks’ historic point streak is drawing fantastic ratings on just about every network it touches.
With an average of 720,000 viewers, it ranked ninth all-time in NBC Sports Network history. It was especially huge in Chicago, where the 7.0 local rating set a record for NBC SN in that market. It also made NBC SN the No. 1 rated cable network overall in Chicago during that time.
You might be sensing a pattern with this team, as their Tuesday victory against the Minnesota Wild was the highest-rated Blackhawks game ever covered on CSN Chicago.
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 1
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 27
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 58
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)