Mar 7, 2013, 11:00 PM EDT
Ales Hemsky has managed to play in the Edmonton Oilers’ first 23 games this season, but it’s unclear if he’ll be able to suit up for Friday’s match against the Nashville Predators.
The injury-prone winger hurt his foot in Thursday’s 3-0 loss to the Detroit Red Wings. On the bright side, head coach Ralph Krueger said that his x-ray showed that the foot is bruised, but there aren’t broken bones.
Krueger indicates that Hemsky, 29, is day-to-day. It’s well known that he’s been fragile during his career, including being limited to 69 games played last season.
Despite a four-game pointless streak including tonight’s contest, Hemsky had been a nice asset for the Oil, scoring eight goals and five assists for 13 points.
- Video: Red Wings’ fans show support for Gordie Howe 0
- Burrows suspended three games for ‘late hit to the head’ on Emelin 11
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 7
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 12
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 13
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 38
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 37
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)