Mar 7, 2013, 11:00 PM EDT
Ales Hemsky has managed to play in the Edmonton Oilers’ first 23 games this season, but it’s unclear if he’ll be able to suit up for Friday’s match against the Nashville Predators.
The injury-prone winger hurt his foot in Thursday’s 3-0 loss to the Detroit Red Wings. On the bright side, head coach Ralph Krueger said that his x-ray showed that the foot is bruised, but there aren’t broken bones.
Krueger indicates that Hemsky, 29, is day-to-day. It’s well known that he’s been fragile during his career, including being limited to 69 games played last season.
Despite a four-game pointless streak including tonight’s contest, Hemsky had been a nice asset for the Oil, scoring eight goals and five assists for 13 points.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 75
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 33
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (94)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (75)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)