Mar 7, 2013, 11:00 PM EST
Ales Hemsky has managed to play in the Edmonton Oilers’ first 23 games this season, but it’s unclear if he’ll be able to suit up for Friday’s match against the Nashville Predators.
The injury-prone winger hurt his foot in Thursday’s 3-0 loss to the Detroit Red Wings. On the bright side, head coach Ralph Krueger said that his x-ray showed that the foot is bruised, but there aren’t broken bones.
Krueger indicates that Hemsky, 29, is day-to-day. It’s well known that he’s been fragile during his career, including being limited to 69 games played last season.
Despite a four-game pointless streak including tonight’s contest, Hemsky had been a nice asset for the Oil, scoring eight goals and five assists for 13 points.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)