Mar 7, 2013, 11:00 PM EST
Ales Hemsky has managed to play in the Edmonton Oilers’ first 23 games this season, but it’s unclear if he’ll be able to suit up for Friday’s match against the Nashville Predators.
The injury-prone winger hurt his foot in Thursday’s 3-0 loss to the Detroit Red Wings. On the bright side, head coach Ralph Krueger said that his x-ray showed that the foot is bruised, but there aren’t broken bones.
Krueger indicates that Hemsky, 29, is day-to-day. It’s well known that he’s been fragile during his career, including being limited to 69 games played last season.
Despite a four-game pointless streak including tonight’s contest, Hemsky had been a nice asset for the Oil, scoring eight goals and five assists for 13 points.
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 4
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 4
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 4
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)