Mar 7, 2013, 11:00 PM EDT
Ales Hemsky has managed to play in the Edmonton Oilers’ first 23 games this season, but it’s unclear if he’ll be able to suit up for Friday’s match against the Nashville Predators.
The injury-prone winger hurt his foot in Thursday’s 3-0 loss to the Detroit Red Wings. On the bright side, head coach Ralph Krueger said that his x-ray showed that the foot is bruised, but there aren’t broken bones.
Krueger indicates that Hemsky, 29, is day-to-day. It’s well known that he’s been fragile during his career, including being limited to 69 games played last season.
Despite a four-game pointless streak including tonight’s contest, Hemsky had been a nice asset for the Oil, scoring eight goals and five assists for 13 points.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 0
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 26
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)