Mar 6, 2013, 7:30 PM EDT
On Wednesday, the coach of the NHL’s hottest team appeared on the Dan Patrick Show.
Blackhawks bench boss Joel Quenneville joined DP to talk about a number of subjects pertaining to his white-hot club:
– A league-best 20-0-3 start to the season.
– Breaking an NHL record by beginning the year with points in 23 consecutive games.
– Setting a NHL mark for longest win streak in a shortened season (10 straight).
Quenneville and Patrick also touched on another pertinent topic — how the streak has propelled Chicago into the national spotlight.
Many people are now discussing Chicago in the same breath as the reigning NBA champion Miami Heat, who are in the midst of a franchise-best 15-game winning streak.
Check out the entire Quenneville-Patrick segment here:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)