Mar 6, 2013, 7:30 PM EDT
On Wednesday, the coach of the NHL’s hottest team appeared on the Dan Patrick Show.
Blackhawks bench boss Joel Quenneville joined DP to talk about a number of subjects pertaining to his white-hot club:
— A league-best 20-0-3 start to the season.
— Breaking an NHL record by beginning the year with points in 23 consecutive games.
— Setting a NHL mark for longest win streak in a shortened season (10 straight).
Quenneville and Patrick also touched on another pertinent topic — how the streak has propelled Chicago into the national spotlight.
Many people are now discussing Chicago in the same breath as the reigning NBA champion Miami Heat, who are in the midst of a franchise-best 15-game winning streak.
Check out the entire Quenneville-Patrick segment here:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 41
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)