Mar 6, 2013, 7:30 PM EDT
On Wednesday, the coach of the NHL’s hottest team appeared on the Dan Patrick Show.
Blackhawks bench boss Joel Quenneville joined DP to talk about a number of subjects pertaining to his white-hot club:
— A league-best 20-0-3 start to the season.
— Breaking an NHL record by beginning the year with points in 23 consecutive games.
— Setting a NHL mark for longest win streak in a shortened season (10 straight).
Quenneville and Patrick also touched on another pertinent topic — how the streak has propelled Chicago into the national spotlight.
Many people are now discussing Chicago in the same breath as the reigning NBA champion Miami Heat, who are in the midst of a franchise-best 15-game winning streak.
Check out the entire Quenneville-Patrick segment here:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 39
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 8
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)