Mar 6, 2013, 7:30 PM EDT
On Wednesday, the coach of the NHL’s hottest team appeared on the Dan Patrick Show.
Blackhawks bench boss Joel Quenneville joined DP to talk about a number of subjects pertaining to his white-hot club:
— A league-best 20-0-3 start to the season.
— Breaking an NHL record by beginning the year with points in 23 consecutive games.
— Setting a NHL mark for longest win streak in a shortened season (10 straight).
Quenneville and Patrick also touched on another pertinent topic — how the streak has propelled Chicago into the national spotlight.
Many people are now discussing Chicago in the same breath as the reigning NBA champion Miami Heat, who are in the midst of a franchise-best 15-game winning streak.
Check out the entire Quenneville-Patrick segment here:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)