Mar 6, 2013, 7:30 PM EDT
On Wednesday, the coach of the NHL’s hottest team appeared on the Dan Patrick Show.
Blackhawks bench boss Joel Quenneville joined DP to talk about a number of subjects pertaining to his white-hot club:
– A league-best 20-0-3 start to the season.
– Breaking an NHL record by beginning the year with points in 23 consecutive games.
– Setting a NHL mark for longest win streak in a shortened season (10 straight).
Quenneville and Patrick also touched on another pertinent topic — how the streak has propelled Chicago into the national spotlight.
Many people are now discussing Chicago in the same breath as the reigning NBA champion Miami Heat, who are in the midst of a franchise-best 15-game winning streak.
Check out the entire Quenneville-Patrick segment here:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Once again, Carlyle’s Leafs are searching for answers 2
- Video: Sens, Leafs, Habs combine for beautiful tribute following Ottawa shootings 1
- Sleepy Sharks hit new low in loss to Buffalo 9
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 8
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 33
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (83)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? (37)
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case (36)